#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

I'm truly amazed at how such mediocrity and/or shit makes so much coin sometimes.  Maleficent and Bayformers 4... hell of a double whammy this summer!

If people want more good movies they need to support things other than the 8th Spider-Man remake in 5 years of the 32nd X-Men sequel in 10 years. 

Finland report: 

This weekend was midsummer, aka the worst box office weekend of the year. Most theaters were closed and a movie can be number one with less than 10k sold tickets. 

End of Finland report. 

That happened here... last weekend  :ph34r:

If people want more good movies they need to support things other than the 8th Spider-Man remake in 5 years of the 32nd X-Men sequel in 10 years. 

That 32nd sequel is the best movie of the Summer so far.

• Like 6

That 32nd sequel is the best movie of the Summer so far.

Exactly this. Sequels and reboots are not bad in themselves. BB, CR, DOFP and numerous sequels have proven to be brilliant. It's LAZY, UNNECESSARY sequels and reboots that are bad.

• Like 4

If THINK LIKE A MAN TOO can hold off 22 JUMP ST it will mark the 8th straight new #1 film of the summer.

— Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice) June 22, 2014

It's the only reason I want it to beat 22JS. It's the one interesting thing about the summer BO.

Edited by reddevil18

Exactly this. Sequels and reboots are not bad in themselves. BB, CR, DOFP and numerous sequels have proven to be brilliant. It's LAZY, UNNECESSARY sequels and reboots that are bad.

and maleficent is just a lazy unnecessary reboot of sleeping beauty. 

and to an earlier point, they took out any artistic risk for the film when they turned the movie's main focus, a great villain, into the most sympathetic character imaginable.

• Like 7

And you believe Paramount won't Puerto Rico it into 100M? 

Well, I suspect it'll actually open below Cap, and they'll Puerto Rico it to take the OW crown for the year, but no 100 M.  :P

Eh, even the good ones I don't have any real interesting in watching. And judging from the numbers a lot of people this Summer feel the same. 

The new X-Men AMAZING!!!! 

That's nice. Yawn. Next! 

Posted Image