#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

Tatum playing Gambit, large-scale destruction, and nobody has actually said Singer's not directing. 

So far. Just the fact that its being considered is bad news.

So far. Just the fact that its being considered is bad news.

We don't know that it's being considered. We've literally heard nothing on the subject except Simon Kinberg saying he was still on board in a recent interview. 

• Like 1

Why did people predict that HTTYD 2 would break out?I'm not saying it in a trolling way because I'm genuinely curious as the first one was a big hit but it wasn't exactly a pop culture phenomenon like the original Toy Story or even the Lion King back in the day.

The first one had seriously great reviews from both critics and audience, as well as an excellent multiplier. This suggested to many that people would rush to see the sequel.

The first one had seriously great reviews from both critics and audience, as well as an excellent multiplier. This suggested to many that people would rush to see the sequel.

It's always a risk whenever you do a sequel. There is no way to know ahead of time whether the sequel will explode and become huge, or whether it drops from the original.

If Singer's not directing Apocalypse then it had damn sure better be Vaughn. Otherwise my expectations for it will be very low.

FOX would be crazy to not bring Singer back for Apocalypse. The good will generated by DOFP has been tremendous.

• Like 2

I hope the people questioning why Dragon 2 is not doing well are not people who don't even watch animation.

There's your answer isn't it? No matter how well a film is reviewed, because it's animated, can't watch it, for kids etc.

As long as that mindset is there, and of course it is, they cannot truly break out to a large extent.

The unifying theme of Shrek and Despicable Me break outs were comedy, which is the only genre that "adults" can latch onto or concede to.

I'm not surprised as preconceived ideas and beliefs plague the world but I guess you've got to turn the mirror onto yourself and this argument can be extrapolated to a lot of films that are actually good but don't do well financially.

I'm on my phone, what are the numbers?

1). Think Like A Man Too (SONY), 2,225 theaters / $12M Fri. / 3-day est. cume: $31M to $33M / Wk 12). 22 Jump Street (SONY), 3,306 theaters (0) / $9M Fri. / 3-day cume: $28M to $29M (-49%) / Total est. cume: $111M to $112M / Wk 23). How to Train Your Dragon 2 (FOX), 4,268 theaters (+15) / $7.3M Fri. / 3-day cume: $25M to $26M / Total cume: $95M+ / Wk 24). Jersey Boys (WB) 2,905 theaters / $4.5M to $5M Fri. / 3-day cume: $14M to $15M / Wk 15). Maleficent (DIS), 3,450 theaters (-173) / $3.8M Fri. / 3-day cume: $12M+ (-35%) / Total expected cume: $185M+ / Wk 46). Edge of Tomorrow (WB), 3,212 theaters (-293) / $3M Fri. / 3-day cume: $9.85M to $10M (-39%) / Total cume: $74M+ / Wk 37). The Fault In Our Stars (FOX), 3,340 theaters (+67) / $3M Fri. / 3-day cume: $8.5M (-43%) / Total cume: $98.6M / Wk 38). X-Men: Days of Future Past (FOX), 2,681 theaters (-361) / $1.8M Fri. / 3-day cume: $6.37M (-36%) / Total cume: $217M / Wk 59). Godzilla (WB), 2,088 theaters (-1,022) / $560K Fri. / 3-day cume: $1.87M (-45%) / Total cume: $194.9M / Wk 610). Chef (OPRD), 961 theaters (-141) / $435K Fri. / 3-day cume: $1.65M (-21%) / Total cume: $16.7M / Wk 7

Tatum playing Gambit, large-scale destruction, and nobody has actually said Singer's not directing. 

I hope Tatum does 23JS first before doing his solo Gambit movie. He does his best acting when he is playing Jenko. ^_^

Those numbers are really a mixed bag for me. Pretty good for DOFP, EoT and 22JS, okay for JB (despite the drop), disappointing for HTTYD 2 and TLAM. I guess we have to say goodbye 200M for Dragon 2 now. :(

I think TLAM merely did expected numbers. I have 22JS having a better Saturday and Sunday to beat TLAM and become the top movie this weekend. :ph34r:

Is that bad for JB? Disappointing TLAM

I doubt it was expensive to make, but considering early estimates had it at 8.5-10M OD, it probably collapsed at night.