CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Mariah's 2005 comeback was a well marketed fluke. The 2008 follow-up crashed and burned after the lead single and first week sales.

Her last album FLOPPED. and Jlo MEGA FLOPPED. The times have changed...

Mariah's 2005 comeback was a well marketed fluke. The 2008 follow-up crashed and burned after the lead single and first week sales.

Who gives a shit? Did you see Tina Turner's album sales post-Private Dancer? Byeeeeeeee.

• Like 2

I misremembered something, or conflated it with something else. Wasn't an attack, just an embarrasingly awkward attempt at hitting on you.

LMAO You must be talking about Kal.

My parents LOVE that song. They know Lil Jon. They had me blast it in the Chilis parking lot. The beat is just so captivating to them, plus you dont have to sit through words being censored every 5 seconds.I played it at one family dinner, and now...

I mean the tune is catchy. But it is just that, a tune. Or more like club music. Not exactly a song, lol. The first time I heard it, I waited and waited, kept expecting actual lyrics to come up at one point :lol: Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

You mean, yours and Pink's love song back in the day. It's over already Ed. It's over. Nope, no more.

All of Me is yesterday's news.

The age of Ed Sheeran and his ginger-ness has begun. SING

• Like 1

With my move to Irvine in August, and Universal Citywalk being way too far to drive to from Irvine, wondering if Tele, Jay or anyone else knows which are the True IMAX screens in Orange County. Thankfully, nothing till Interstellar seems like an IMAX must watch, but good to have this info before I pay too much for a digital IMAX (happened with Century City, never went there for IMAX again).

Spectrum is a True IMAX. 

Its better then City walk too. The layout of the seats to the screen is much better. 

• Like 1

Her last album FLOPPED.and Jlo MEGA FLOPPED.The times have changed...

Well come on. Most singers don't have a 20 year singing career where they still make records.  I've never considered JLo a singer. She's an entertainer. I consider her a lesser version of Janet Jackson.

Her last album FLOPPED.and Jlo MEGA FLOPPED.The times have changed...

Mariah's album didn't have a title or release date until three weeks before it hit stores. I mean I'm not saying it wasn't a flop but SHIT.

JLo has the best team EVER around her for convincing the media that people care about her when she's got a flop album, flop movies and on a flop TV show.

I mean the tune is catchy. But it is just that, a tune. Or more like club music. Not exactly a song, lol.The first time I heard it, I waited and waited, kept expecting actual lyrics to come up at one point :lol:

FIRE UP YOUR LOUD

'NOTHER ROUND OF SHOTS

(Repeat 10x)

TURN DOWN FOR WHAT.

• Like 1

Madonna and Mariah have a lot in common, they both have names starting with M, and they started out so good(and hot) then within a few years became so slutty it overshadowed their music.

Nothing overshadowed Madonna's music, seeing as still to this day her catalog gets more recurrent radio airplay than any other female and she is far and away the highest selling female recording act of all time globally. And if you think Madonna was slutty you completely missed the point of everything sexual she did. Madonna was always the one in control and the message was a woman can enjoy sex without it meaning she's a whore.

• Like 1

Well come on. Most singers don't have a 20 year singing career where they still make records.  I've never considered JLo a singer. She's an entertainer. I consider her a lesser version of Janet Jackson.

I know. But jlo and mariah were mega stars the other day. I never thought I'd see the day there careers dried up.

Nothing overshadowed Madonna's music, seeing as still to this day her catalog gets more recurrent radio airplay than any other female and she is far and away the highest selling female recording act of all time globally. And if you think Madonna was slutty you completely missed the point of everything sexual she did. Madonna was always the one in control and the message was a woman can enjoy sex without it meaning she's a whore.

MDNA, though. M. D. N. A. 

Tragic.