CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

TF2 had around the same, RT means a lot USUALLY.

I know. And as I said in another thread, TF is completely immune to critics.

I am surprised by that A- score, though. Thought for sure that running time would've killed it. Apparently not, lol.

I love all three Transformers films.

yes but my reason for not liking it is probably completely different than some people. I had a love affair with the original cast and the original characters and their story arc. I found that to be severely lacking in this story. The action the special effects all the Transformers stuff is pretty good its just I had no connection to the story and the cast in this movie and that really left me bored.

To those who enjoy TF4, they see the Robots as the main casts, not humans.

Faith in a third crappy sequel to a crappy sequel to a crappy sequel? Uh...OK. And if you bring in multipliers from TF2/3, I'll kill ya! :P

TF3 had a 97m OW and finished above 350. Legs

• Like 2

even counting Wednesday openings, the TF sequels had solid holds in the following weeks. Definitely not the type of holds "toxic WOM" films. Hell the second one actually started holding a bit better than the first one in some weeks. Therefore TF4 can likely finish about 260m

even counting Wednesday openings, the TF sequels had solid holds in the following weeks. Definitely not the type of holds "toxic WOM" films. Hell the second one actually started holding a bit better than the first one in some weeks. Therefore TF4 can likely finish about 260m

Has a loyal, established core fanbase that come back. Once again proven by this fake reboot.

If that's the case then TF4 should make around 340m. Yeah...it's going to struggle to make 100m less than that. I keep repeating the fact that this is the first TF film to open on a Friday. When a film opens on a Wed(or Tues), the opening gross is spread out over five to six days rather than compressed into three. Hence why a Friday opener invariably opens much higher than a Wed. So many films bear this fact out. I would think this is common knowledge on here by now.

Of course it is. No one is dumb enough to deny that. We were talking about Day 1. Not Day 2,3,4.

I am not saying Wed+Thu+Fri is same as Fri+Sat+Sun.

I am saying that for a franchise like TF Wed OD will be similar to Fri OD in the summer.

Obviously Thu when it is Day 2, will be lower than Sat when it is Day 2.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

Seeing it at 3:15 today. So, by the time we get out we should be nice and hungry, lol.

You'll go in and it will be dawn, you get out, it will be dusk.*

*If you were in Alaska**

**In winter.

:P

• Like 2

Of course it is. No one is dumb enough to deny that. We were talking about Day 1. Not Day 2,3,4.

I am not saying Wed+Thu+Fri is same as Fri+Sat+Sun.

I am saying that for a franchise like TF Wed OD will be similar to Fri OD in the summer.

Obviously Thu when it is Day 2, will be lower than Sat when it is Day 2.

Fridays are still better. Not everyone is out of school/work for the summer. But most people have Saturday's free. ;)