CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Lots of law suits going on  about them not reporting the  true revenue made from HV BO,  the bo gross as well all to stick it to actors t,directors , producers studios heads feel are too greedy.   Never heard of Bay falling out with Paramount so they do do the tricky thing with him and Speilberg, but you never know.

Again, that has nothing to do with the amount grossed in a weekend or particular gross, just with the overall gross.

Awesome global debut for TF4. :) Clearly, the artsy-fartsy internet trollops that love to scream and shout "OMG! BAY IS DESTROYING CINEMA! NO, HE'S DESTROYING CIVILIZATION AS WE KNOW IT! HE's [RUINING] THE ASS OF GOOD TASTE AND GOOD FILMMAKING CRAFT!" did not have the last laugh. No matter how you look at it, this is a fantastic start.  Can't wait to see what they come up with for TF5!

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

Awesome global debut for TF4. :) Clearly, the artsy-fartsy internet trollops that love to scream and shout "OMG! BAY IS DESTROYING CINEMA! NO, HE'S DESTROYING CIVILIZATION AS WE KNOW IT! HE's [RUINING] THE ASS OF GOOD TASTE AND GOOD FILMMAKING CRAFT!" did not have the last laugh. No matter how you look at it, this is a fantastic start.  Can't wait to see what they come up with for TF5!

Please, let's not use that metaphor, even if you're using it mockingly.

• Like 1

No. That really has nothing to do with this current discussion. We're talking a million or two here and there, amounts that the film would gross whether they happened on Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, or anywhere in between.

No I was just saying studios hide money they have made as well for other purposes. :)). I dont understand the BO parts as well as you and some of the guys.  Just was saying they may have made more money than you think on Friday and saturday and may use some of that to get to that 100M gross. Still Lordman's assessment works as well :)..  Regoing to be mighty sad when he sees 300+M OW WW and 101-102 M Domestic though :P

Of all the people to make a rape joke.

• Like 3

Saw Silence of the Lambs. Pretty good. Hated how every dialogue scene was shot with the two actors talking directly to the camera. Also didn't care for Anthony Hopkins ultra-hammy and completely non-threatening performance.

Saw Silence of the Lambs. Pretty good. Hated how every dialogue scene was shot with the two actors talking directly to the camera. Also didn't care for Anthony Hopkins ultra-hammy and completely non-threatening performance.

When you get the chance, check out Michael Mann's MANHUNTER, which features Brian Cox as Lecter. It's very 80s, but also pretty good, and interesting as a comparison of characters.

• Like 5

Please, let's not use that metaphor, even if you're using it mockingly.

Ugh, I am so sorry! :(

I know that was not nice, even though I was just using it to make fun of the phrase that lot of people use to talk about silly things like entertainment.

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 1

Really?? He scared the hell outta me when I first saw it!

When you get the chance, check out Michael Mann's MANHUNTER, which features Brian Cox as Lecter. It's very 80s, but also pretty good, and interesting as a comparison of characters.

I second this, Manhunter is fantastic, even with the Miami Vice vibe.

• Like 2

Watch Hannibal and Red Dragon and you'll see him be a little more threatening. Watch Red Dragon with a cute woman....you'll thank me later.

NCIS most watched series in the world. Haters can suck it. A triumph of the human spirit

I am not surprised. The shows that go for a younger target get huge amount of downloads. Nobody sees Walking Dead and Game of Thrones on TV here.