Noctis

Friday Estimates: SH2 $15m, Alv $8m, MI4 $4m

It's because I'm the family movie Grinch. :D (well mostly)

Ah ok well that makes sense then haha.And hopefully MI4 and Dragon Tattoo overperform next weekend to counter SH2 and Alvin3 underperforming this weekend.

Does anyone have the midnight numbers for the first Sherlock Holmes?I'm trying to do a comparison study, and it would be helpful to have the number

I'm sure I read somewhere that SH1 didn't have any midnights because it opened on Christmas Day. Edited by Ariadne
  • Like 1

I doubt that it would be terribly useful. Midnights for SH1 would have been on Christmas Eve which is a really poor movie going day.

Yes, but any numbers help. Comparing them without the midnights is difficult as well, because the opening day of the first is already heavily inflated due to Christmas day.

Wow Sherlock really is in trouble. Terrible opening. I wasn't that happy with the first one but a lot of people seemed to love it. Thought for sure it would do better. Good for MI4. Looks like that one will be big.

Okay, I used an approximation for SH's theoretical midnight, and pegged it at $3 million. This suggests that SH2 is on pace for a $41.7 million weekendOverall, this is going to be a difficult comparison, due to them opening in different weeks, but I'll see what I can manage

Edited by spizzer

When is the US economy going to pick up already? I'm sick of this Global economic crisis. I've been hearing about it for years through my tv and computer machines and I'm sick of it.

Not going away any time soon. Trillions of dollars of debt piled up over decades of wasteful spending by the government and consumers alike.