Squaremaster316

Hans Zimmer to be honored with Lifetime Acheivement Award.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/zurich-film-festival-to-honor-composer-hans-zimmer-1201256021/

The Zurich Film Festival is to honor composer Hans Zimmer with a special lifetime award.

Composer Hans Zimmer

Posted Image
Michael Lewis for Variety
July 1, 2014 | 05:32AM PT
Posted Image

MUNICH — The Zurich Film Festival is to honor composer Hans Zimmer with a special lifetime award.

The award will be presented on Oct. 1 at the Tonhalle Zurich at a ceremony that will feature excerpts from some of Zimmer’s scores, such as those for “The Lion King” and “Gladiator.”

German-born Zimmer has scored more than 100 films, which have, combined, grossed over $22 billion at the box office. He has won an Academy Award, two Golden Globes, three Grammys and a Tony. He received his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2010.

Some of his most recent works include “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” “12 Years a Slave,” Ron Howard’s “Rush,” Zack Snyder’s “Man of Steel,” the Christopher Nolan-directed films “Inception,” “The Dark Knight” and “The Dark Knight Rises,” and Guy Ritchie’s “Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.”

Some of Zimmer’s most notable works include “Rain Main,” “Driving Miss Daisy,” “Thelma & Louise,” “The Thin Red Line,” “Mission: Impossible II,” “Hannibal,” the “Pirates of the Caribbean” franchise, the “Kung Fu Panda” and “Madagascar” films, “Frost/Nixon” and “The Da Vinci Code.”

Zimmer is in production on the score for Christopher Nolan’s “Interstellar,” which is releasing in November.

Congratulations to Hans for a lifetime of sumptuous, culture defining ear-sex!!!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Congratulations to Hans Zimmer. I'm especially proud because he's one of the few Germans to have had a successful career in Hollywood. But German or not, he is certainly in my Top 5 favorite Composers of all time (I do think he's not on the same level as John Williams, but who is, really?).

• Like 1

I have been listening all of his scores for the past few months, currently listening The Last Samurai (never watched the movie), what amazing score. His scores are mostly good to masterpieces with very few exceptions.

• Like 2

Hans Zimmer elevated a lot of his films with his amazing soundtracks.

Gladiator already had a great ending with some spectacular dialogue and acting, but the sweeping score and music elevated the scene into one of the best endings ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72uwmHsFSAg

• Like 2

To be honest, Zimmer is my favorite composer out there and I doubt anyone will ever manage to replace him. Yeah, I acknowledge the fact that Williams score might be better than Zimmer's (never been a big fan) but Zimmer's sound is exactly the kind of sound I love.

Really happy for him.

• Like 2