BadAtGender

Tues# TF4 10.41, HTTYD2 2.61, 22JS 2.28, Malef 1.57, TLAM2 1.17 | Full numbers Page 1

Nah, ROTPOTA was a good and enjoyable movie. THG was a cultural phenomenon.

Posted Image

Sure, popularity-wise, no contest. But even though THG was a good movie itself, Rise is simply a better film.

• Like 1

Those reviews for Dawn of the POTA. I liked Rise but not really anticipating the franchise that much. But those reviews make me wanna check it out.

This. The trailers never pulled me - quite the opposite, actually.

So it's awesome reading these reviews. Woo-hoo! More quality blockbusters, please!

I don't think much more DOM to be honest, if at all. There is a limit to how much a movie can make. We don't know what it is, but there is a limit. I'm sure RTH might know what a movie could make if it sold out every single seat in every single screen in every single showing in every single theatre. But you have to take into account showings that cannot possibly sell out, audience demographics of an area, repeat viewings vs once and done etc. I don't think a $250m OW is possible at all.

Consider TAs OD. Yes that includes midnights but if people are willing to view it around the clock (like they have for countless films in the past) I really think $250m is possible. Not necessarily for TA2, but just saying in general.

My roommate finally watched Rise last night after she had been shitting all over the Apes movies despite not having seen any of them.  It's my second time watching it this year and it still makes me cry.  

What did he think? Rise is definitely the kind of movie that surprises the shit out of you, with its emotion and overall quality.

• Like 1

Because July 1st is Canada Day, like the US's Independence Day.  Like July 4th, July 1st offers a lot more to do than just go to the movies, so a lot of films decrease that day.  Even with Cheap Tuesday, movies are not as busy as normal here in Canada.  So for films to stay flat or decrease slightly, is a sign of a good July 1st.

Thanks for that, didn't know  :)

• Like 1