BadAtGender

Tues# TF4 10.41, HTTYD2 2.61, 22JS 2.28, Malef 1.57, TLAM2 1.17 | Full numbers Page 1

HANCOCK had some interesting concepts but was a total mess of a movie.

It's taken me ∞ days (so far) to read THG.

Posted Image

• Like 4

That's the main reason why I like it so much. It's just one of the most fun and most entertaining movies I have ever seen. I do agree that TA is not on the same level as TDK, for example.

But what about Spider-Man 2 or Incredibles  :ph34r:

Can't really remember but I do remember reading it back then (I think it was on aintitcool or something).

Was it any good? Better than what was delivered on screen I assume, but something actually good? Different ambitious etc?

Edited by BK007
  • Like 1

I think Baumer's explanation for most movies staying flat or slightly decreasing makes sense. However, do you think some Americans also "celebrated" Canada Day by going to the movies or were it just Canadians?

Americans do not even know Canada exists for the most part.  

• Like 7

All this Hancock stuff I only have one thing to say: I swear to Christ, your head is going up the driver's ass, his head is going up your ass, and you drew the short stick, cause your head is going up my ass!

• Like 3

You've got Hunger Games and Catching Fire backwards. I went into CF without really digging the first one.

Very few movies make me emotional but that scene in Hunger Games where the little girl died....Man, it was a gut punch.I guess that's why I "felt" Hunger Games. Yeah, I'm a sucker for emotional manipulation.
  • Like 2

You can defend these aposteriori totally wrong estimates all you want, they are extremely off nevertheless.

I thought Dragon2 was a stupid idea, because i would not have liked watching such a story as a kid. I could not understand why Panda2 did so poorly DOM. But it should have been a warning to all of us, that for every Despicaple Me 2 there is a Panda2, that disappoints.

Well, that's dumb. Animated movies should be everyone, not just kids. Statements like this get me pissed honestly, but since I'm heading out in like five min, I won't give you my typical rant

Very few movies make me emotional but that scene in Hunger Games where the little girl died....Man, it was a gut punch.I guess that's why I "felt" Hunger Games. Yeah, I'm a sucker for emotional manipulation.

I'm a cold-hearted bastard. Didn't do anything for me.Then again, I bawled through roughly 67.4% of WAR HORSE. :ph34r:
  • Like 6

So why would you care if it has similar themes to a film that came out so long ago? They say there are really only 7 ideas to be made in Hollywood.  These ideas get recycled over and over again.  It's the execution of the film that matters and Fault is very well executed.

I am not sure why time should matter at all. If I don't care about a movie having similar themes as one from the 70s then I shouldn't care about its having similar themes as one from last year. Especially when said film from the 70s is an absolute classic which adjusts to over $550m in NA alone and got 7 Oscar nominations, hence more "visible" than many more recent movies. And if a movie is a ripoff of another then I don't see why it should matter if the movie being ripped off is Casablanca or Pulp Fiction (not arguing this is a ripoff as I haven't seen it).Having said this, I agree that ideas are to be recycled (though to a certain extent) and I'll check the movie out if I can given your recommendation.
  • Like 1

Well, that's dumb. Animated movies should be everyone, not just kids. Statements like this get me pissed honestly, but since I'm heading out in like five min, I won't give you my typical rant

But he didn't say that, he just said he wouldn't have liked it as a kid.
  • Like 1

Was it any good? Better than what was delivered on screen I assume, but something actually good? Different ambitious etc?

It was... bizzare. It could never be turned into a movie (it might have worked as a Japanese anime though).It was much, much darker than the movie and Hancock wasn't really a hero in it at all.I mean, the script involved statutory rape (unintentional) and his orgasm hurting (or killing) somebody or something.
  • Like 1

if they would make a Frozen2 with a handicaped Anna (Elsa having killed parts of her brain), I would root against it

but I think that is the difference in the philosophy of Disney they spent a lot of time tinkering with the original story Snow Queen to make it kid-friendly

Having said that, I don't like to have everything Disney-fied, but sometimes it helps

WHAT THE HELL

You compare Hiccup missing a leg to a mentally hindering injury. The two aren't similar at all. 

• Like 3

There was a scene where he is banging a chick and his orgasm is so hard that it blows the roof off the trailer he is staying in.  That was obviously cut from the pg-13 film.   :)

Damn. That would be an epic scene for the ages. Can imagine it now :lol:

• Like 1

I am not sure why time should matter at all. If I don't care about a movie having similar themes as one from the 70s then I shouldn't care about its having similar themes as one from last year. Especially when said film from the 70s is an absolute classic which adjusts to over $550m in NA alone and got 7 Oscar nominations, hence more "visible" than many more recent movies. And if a movie is a ripoff of another then I don't see why it should matter if the movie being ripped off is Casablanca or Pulp Fiction (not arguing this is a ripoff as I haven't seen it).Having said this, I agree that ideas are to be recycled (though to a certain extent) and I'll check the movie out if I can given your recommendation.

There's a difference between working from similar concepts or ideas and straight "ripping off" (which really doesn't happen that often). I have no interest in FIOS, but a strong similarity to LOVE STORY shouldn't be held against it.
  • Like 3

I am not sure why time should matter at all. If I don't care about a movie having similar themes as one from the 70s then I shouldn't care about its having similar themes as one from last year. Especially when said film from the 70s is an absolute classic which adjusts to over $550m in NA alone and got 7 Oscar nominations, hence more "visible" than many more recent movies.And if a movie is a ripoff of another then I don't see why it should matter if the movie being ripped off is Casablanca or Pulp Fiction (not arguing this is a ripoff as I haven't seen it).Having said this, I agree that ideas are to be recycled (though to a certain extent) and I'll check the movie out if I can given your recommendation.

Ok, I'll just leave it at that.  I think you'll like it.

• Like 1

China is slowly but surely becoming THE market rather than USA :lol:

This is somewhat true, just remember studios care about profit not gross. In china they gain up to one fourth of the gross which is significantly lower than their domestic share where they can at times get 100% of the opening weekend and diminish down to about 40-50% from there.Unless the policy for China changes, a movie would have to gross a significant amount more there than it would here to be more profitable in china. That doesn't mean it's not an extremely valuable market though.
  • Like 1