MovieGuyKyle17

Early Wed Numbers: Tammy 6.18 (incl 1.3 previews), Trans4 7.7, DUFE: 2.8 ETE 2.6...pg 21

I remember when the Omen remake came out 06-06-06 that was like a Tuesday

I was legit afraid of that day. I was 11 I think? I remember people were thinking the world was gonna end. The news station on that 6/5/06 even did a segment interviewing people if they thought it was gonna end, and some said yeah. I remember one lady was pumping gas and she was so casual "I think it supposed to be the end of the world, yeah." Of course being 11, I was gullible. When the clocked striked 12AM I was just waiting for the angels and demons to come out. I was legit afraid.

That entire day I was on the edge, I had to spend a lot of it outside, but I was just waiting for the sky to turn red and everything light on fire lmao. I made sure I was always around my mom. It also didnt help that a few years before, one of my friends told me the world was supposed to end in 2006, and I saw that predicted somewhere else too, so yeah. I was very impressionable. Biggest sigh EVER, when 6-7-06 came around. 

I even wondered, what if the world ends while people are sitting in the theater watching this movie? Hell no, I'm staying at home with mom. No movies today. Hahah, yes I was weird I know.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 3

I was legit afraid of that day. I was 11 I think? I remember people were thinking the world was gonna end. The news station that 6/5 even did a segment interviewing people if they thought it was gonna end, and some said yeah. I remember one lady was pumping gas and she was so casual "I think it supposed to be the end of the world, yeah." Of course being 11, I was gullible. When the clocked striked 12AM I was just waiting for the angels and demons to come out. I was legit afraid. That entire day I was on the edge, I had to spend a lot of it outside, but I was just waiting for the sky to turn red and everything light on fire haha. I made sure I was always around my mom. It also did help that a few years before, one of my friends told me the world was supposed to end in 2006, so yeah. I was very impressionable. Biggest sigh EVER, when 6-7-06 came around. 

I even wondered, what if the world ends if people are sitting in the theater watching this movie? Hell no, I'm staying at home with mom. No movies today. Hahah, yes I was weird I know.

I was kinda the same.

My family and I just did what Mexicans did back then. We continued partying and going out.

We did that that same day.

I remember people were thinking the world was gonna end. The news station on that 6/5/06 even did a segment interviewing people if they thought it was gonna end, and some said yeah.

Dafuq?! What backwards place do you live in, dude?

I still swear to this day that release date was the sole purpose for that remake's existence.

Seconded. I often forget that remake EXISTS, and I don't know anyone who has actually seen it. It was just a movie that existed for literally one day, then everyone forgot about it. Kind of like how no one remembers Y2K (and BTW, a big-budget Roland Emmerich-type Y2K disaster movie is IMO one of the great "why the fuck didn't they do that" missed opportunities. Seeing how a piece of shit like 2012 did gangbusters, such a film would have cleaned up in '99.) Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Dafuq?! What backwards place do you live in, dude?

People weren't being serious im sure, but I was 11 so I didn't decipher it so easily. Nobody I was around even mentioned that it was 6/6/06, so they were just playing around. I was just paranoid.

• Like 1

That's taking it too far no? 

No, that's the best type of fudging. At the most, they're not going to be anything more than $999 off, which is pretty miniscule. And that's presuming that they always fudge up rather than down. It's a miniscule amount in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 2

Where is Blank? I just saw BEGIN AGAIN. Not a great movie by any means, but so charming. Mark Ruffalo and Keira Knightlegendary are wonderful together. Hopefully it doesn't get lost in the Summer shuffle. Word of mouth should be strong. 

Where is Blank? I just saw BEGIN AGAIN. Not a great movie by any means, but so charming. Mark Ruffalo and Keira Knightlegendary are wonderful together. Hopefully it doesn't get lost in the Summer shuffle. Word of mouth should be strong. 

Blanks is offline.

Wonder how badly this week will trail last year. DM2 had a huge 5 day opening last year along with Lone Rangers not so huge opening and The Heat and other holdovers being strong. 2014 needs winter to over perform to match 2013.

• Like 1

Wonder how badly this week will trail last year. DM2 had a huge 5 day opening last year along with Lone Rangers not so huge opening and The Heat and other holdovers being strong. 2014 needs winter to over perform to match 2013.

I don't really see that happening with the juggernauts that came out last fall/winter. Gravity, Frozen, Thor 2, Hobbit, and Catching Fire. 2014 is getting shitted on by 2013. 2015 will be a bounce back year!

5th UPDATE, Wednesday, 11:00 PM:No more numbers will be reported until AMC gets its technical issues resolved. In the meantime, not unexpected news for Melissa McCarthy and her filmmaker husband Ben Falcone — Tammy only received a C+ CinemaScore which means word-of-mouth is going to torpedo this baby. Still, it should get the No. 2 spot this weekend, no problem. On the other end of the spectrum, Earth to Echo received an A- so families are enjoying this family fare from Relativity and Deliver Us from Evil’s CinemaScore was a B- for filmmaker Jerry Bruckheimer and Screen Gems. Let’s see what the morning brings. Night all.

Ouch @ Tammy's Cinescore.

B- is actually good for a horror movie. 

Where is Blank? I just saw BEGIN AGAIN. Not a great movie by any means, but so charming. Mark Ruffalo and Keira Knightlegendary are wonderful together. Hopefully it doesn't get lost in the Summer shuffle. Word of mouth should be strong.

GAHHHHHH I want to see it. Instead I'll be seeing Dragon 2 round 3 and transformers 4 tonight
  • Like 2