MovieGuyKyle17

Early Wed Numbers: Tammy 6.18 (incl 1.3 previews), Trans4 7.7, DUFE: 2.8 ETE 2.6...pg 21

-_- It's only horrendous because the gif can't captue the full beauty of it when it's in the movie. No gif I've found has it. It's a gorgeous shot, one of  the best I know.

The build up to it and what takes place just before makes it even better.

• Like 1

The long continuous shot in Children of Men(longest in history I think) is awesome. It was connected via CGI and not organic but irrespective of that, for the purpose of the audience it was all 1 shot, and was pulled off with amazing skill.

Children Of Men is definitely among the cream of the crop when it comes to moviemaking.

• Like 4

No need to look to far..Coolest tracking shot from a major blockbuster recently..

The Avengers.

I know its a cliche choice, but this was just  beyond epic. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rn3gm_DEdo

When people say action in TF3 and MOS is better, whatever... 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

Tracking shots are my favorite, I wish they were more common. I was in awe at the tracking shot in Avengers.I wish TF had a tracking sequence like this. Especially at 3:12 and 3:51. Would be SO insane in IMAX.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

LoTR:TT had some great shots in the Battle of Helm's Deep. When Gandalf and co. are coming down the slope it's epic.

EDIT: Most PJ films have at least a couple of great long shots. Both the Hobbit movies too - Water barrel scene and Smaug scenes in the last one.

Edited by a2k

What's great about the CONTACT shot isn't that it's a cool, nice, long tracking shot (though it is), it's how the ending is a complete misdirect. When I first saw it back in '97, it was an absolutely "holy shit! how did they do that?" moment. The other famous long tracking shots are also more than the sum of their technological parts: the lack of cutting either introduces geography and characters in a very organic and immersive way (like THE PLAYER and TOUCH OF EVIL or GRAVITY), or it completely envelopes you in the reality of the moment without the artifice of cutting (most of Tarkovsky's work).

The CF shot is a neat technical shot, and it looks cool, but it doesn't really do anything more than that.

• Like 2

I know it's all subjective, but the quality of Children of Men and it's bo is the mother of all inverse relationships.

Budget 76m, DOM 35.5m, OS 34.4m, WW 69.9m.

Edited by a2k

There's this Russian movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318034/?ref_=tttr_tr_tt

Filmed in one take

Yes, I've seen it. It's cool, but also a bit pointless and seems done more for the sake of doing it than any inherent artistic value (over most of the movie, anyway).... the last chunk of it, dealing with the ballroom dance, is very impressive.