#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

This film just set two records for the franchise.

Biggest 2nd weekend drop AND weakest 2nd weekend gross

Posted Image

I like how you only tell half the story for films you hate.  But if this were a Nolan film, you'd dissect the reasons.  Nice one dude.

• Like 6

Pure TF fans would love that, GA won't, that's why the series had to be settled on earth with humans as the main casts.

I'm not so sure about that. I'm kind of convinced that people actually do see these movies for the Transformers themselves. There was this one group behind me and this one lady was going apeshit and clapping everytime Optimus Prime did anything

I think it's important to have the human side of the story but having it be cut down to a minor part of the plot probably wouldn't hurt much.

• Like 2

TLAM2 just died post opening day. Don't think it will match TLAM's final total.

It wont match the first, gonna start losing theaters. I think a spring release would have been better. Sony shouldnt have released it right after 22 Jump Street, because i think some audience overlapped. 

• Like 1

This film just set two records for the franchise.

Biggest 2nd weekend drop AND weakest 2nd weekend gross

Posted Image

TF1-3 didn't open on Fri so the 2nd weekend drop % were better than it should have been.

But of course you know B.O better than I do (since you'd been here before I joined) so my question should be why did you pretend to ignore some facts just to make a movie look worse?

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 3

I'm not so sure about that. I'm kind of convinced that people actually do see these movies for the Transformers themselves. There was this one group behind me and this one lady was going apeshit and clapping everytime Optimus Prime did anything

I think it's important to have the human side of the story but having it be cut down to a minor part of the plot probably wouldn't hurt much.

100% disagree with this.  It's the reason why Godzilla "failed".  The human story was a joke.  You need the human story to make it all work.  IMHO, Transformers is 50/50.

• Like 2

100% disagree with this.  It's the reason why Godzilla "failed".  The human story was a joke.  You need the human story to make it all work.  IMHO, Transformers is 50/50.

The human story does need to be there. I just don't think it has to be as big of a part as it has been. 

• Like 1

I think people are being a little too harsh this summer. its not like no movies are coming out or people are tired of going to the movies, the films just havent been resonating with GA. I mean Tammy, Earth To Echo and DUFE over July 4th weekend? Dont be surprised that people are not wasting their hard earned cash on that. I stayed home, had a barbecue and watched Beverly Hills Cop/Coming to America on VH1. Totally satisfied with my holiday. 

Edited by babz06
  • Like 6

The human story does need to be there. I just don't think it has to be as big of a part as it has been. 

And I think you're wrong.  

:)

• Like 1

TF1-3 didn't open on Fri so the 2nd weekend drop % were better than it should have been.

But of course you know B.O better than I do (since you'd been here before I joined) so my question should be why did you pretend to ignore some facts just to make a movie look worse?

Don't even bother with logic when it comes to Squaremaster.  

• Like 2

I don't think you NEED the human story to make it work, but you're going to need to make the Transformers themselves more interesting from a personality perspective. The Transformers themselves absolutely have the capability of holding a movie solely on their own. Something you obviously can't do with Godzilla, since it's more of a force of nature rather than an actual character.

• Like 5

I don't think you NEED the human story to make it work, but you're going to need to make the Transformers themselves more interesting from a personality perspective. The Transformers themselves absolutely have the capability of holding a movie solely on their own. Something you obviously can't do with Godzilla, since it's more of a force of nature rather than an actual character.

And I think this opinion is wrong.  Sorry, I respect your opinion, Mr. Pink, but imho, the human element is what drives the Transformers films.  Without it you don't have anything for the Transformers to do.

• Like 2

I doubt it. TF4 is the first TF movie that put more focus on the robots and it got the worst reception, go figures.

• Like 1

There needs to be a GOOD human story. Godzilla had a lame human story. If Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanabe had been the stars instead of Aaron Taylor-Hunnam-Hedlund, that would have improved the movie even if we hadn't seen more of the Big G.But I do agree, the Transformers need to be real characters. The 1986 movie had better-characterized Transformers than the Bay films.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 4

The first thing they would need there is a coherent script.

• Like 1

I think people are being a little too harsh this summer. its not like no movies are coming out or people are tired of going to the movies, the films just havent been resonating with GA. I mean Tammy, Earth To Echo and DUFE over July 4th weekend? Dont be surprised that people are not wasting their hard earned cash on that. I stayed home, had a barbecue and watched Beverly Hills Cop/Coming to America on VH1. Totally satisfied with my holiday.

Yup, exactly. The new wide releases slate is absolutely pathetic. None are appealing. Of course people would rather spend time celebrating the holiday and enjoying the break from work with friends and family, wisely.
  • Like 1