Blankments

Tuesday Numbers - Tammy 3.4, ETE 1.7, DUFE 1.5, Jersey 744k, TLAM2 662k | Actuals on p16

Needs more Copley

Really? Hmm.

Still that did have Wahlberg and a much bigger action focus, correct? (never seen the movie)

Wahlberg wasn't quite WAHLBERG back then. I think the action focus was somewhat similar. That film had an obvious advantage being the first new one in a long time, but this one has some incredible reviews and is coming off a well-received reboot. I don't think $98M is in the cards, but $70M certainly is. Lack of competition will sure help.

• Like 1

The height thing would never work out.  :lol:

Make it an R-rated comedy!

He has no range whatsoever, he plays 100% the same character in every movie - himself. The only reason he got the Oscar and was nominated is because he kisses up to everyone in Hollywood and wants to be liked by everyone and evryone to think how funny and cool he is ugh

Neither does RDJ. Or Mark Wahlberg. Or Tom Cruise. Or half the actors in Hollywood.

He plays himself in every movie, and that's okay. He's always entertaining to watch.

• Like 3

Wahlberg wasn't quite WAHLBERG back then. I think the action focus was somewhat similar. That film had an obvious advantage being the first new one in a long time, but this one has some incredible reviews and is coming off a well-received reboot. I don't think $98M is in the cards, but $70M certainly is. Lack of competition will sure help.

Oh, I think it'll have a good opening in the 70s. I'm not sold on huge legs though based on what I've heard of the movie and also the fact that it does have pretty good competition. Not big movies, but still movies that have potential for breaking out

• Like 1

Seemed to work out just fine for Sean Connery and Cary Grant.Clooney's great, I don't get the haterade at all.

It's just a natural thing.

• Like 1

Make it an R-rated comedy!

Neither does RDJ. Or Mark Wahlberg. Or Tom Cruise. Or half the actors in Hollywood.

He plays himself in every movie, and that's okay. He's always entertaining to watch.

Even those you mentioned have 100 times more range than Clooney

• Like 1

I honestly used to hate Clooney too... back when the only movie of his I saw was Batman and Robin.

Ocean's 11 is a godtier blockbuster and all thanks to Clooney and Pitt. And Garcia I guess.

(and Soderbergh of course, but I'm referring to the cast mostly)

• Like 1

Babies being born early isn't generally considered a great thing. 

Well, it depends on how early. My wife is good to go any minute now. :D

( :what: )

• Like 7

Seemed to work out just fine for Sean Connery and Cary Grant.Clooney's great, I don't get the haterade at all.

It's very common for a movie star - in fact a consistent likable quality of their personality or performance from role to role is a great part of what really what made an actor a "movie star" and made them their own brand or franchise if you will.  

And I really don't get this objection from Jolie fans. Really...

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2