CoolioD1

Wednesday Actuals: TF4 - 3.68M (pg 10)

HOLY POOP

I just found the best thing ever: a dude who reviews things on Amazon in a most bizarre fashion

Here, have an example, a review of an Adam West Batman action figure

For my sixteenth birthday my parents threw me a birthday party at the laundry mat that my mom operated. It was a family run business from my mon's side that extended several generations back from the time they came to America from Asia. We used the laundry mat to host many events due to the spacious area and ample tables provided to seperate and fold their clothes on.

Knowing that I was a fan of the Batman cartoons, movies and comic books, it seemed an obvious theme for a birthday party. Val Kilmer being my favorite Batman ever (curse you Bale!!)

As the story goes, my dad, being a fit 5'4" Japanese man raised in Hawaii, wanted to rent a Val Kilmer costume from the movie "Batman Forever" at the party store, but they did not have one in his size. Even if he did not wear the boots and some black sandals, the suit was just too big. Most likely, it was intended for one of those disgustingly over-weight comic con attendees trying to be cool.

What did end up becoming available that fit my father was the Adam West Batman costume. In light of being nostalgic, that seems to be the one Batman that makes everyone smile. My father knew that would definitely be one of the highlights of the birthday party.

Through the course of events as birthday parties go, while my mother was bringing out the candle-lit soy birthday cake the intent was that my father, dressed as Batman, would jump out of a stand up coin-operated dryer and "suprise" me and everyone else.

Sadly, as simple as it was to be, it did not play out that way.

The dryer that he and my mom planned sneaking into before the cake was brought out was in use and so he had to use another one. Mother, stepped away to check on the cake in the microwave and missed the dryer he had climber into. When the birthday song began, mother slowly brought out the cake and I was anticipating my "suprise" at any moment.

That "moment" never happened, so we sang the second verse to the birthday song.

Still, nothing happened.

What did happen was while the singing was going on, there was a heavyset hispanic woman wearing a headphone radio set to "tune out" what might of been her four screaming kids and two barking dogs running about. As she put the coins in the wrong loaded dryer and started it up, she was completely oblivious to the dire situation about to unfold. The doors automatically locked and remain so until the dryer has completed it's entire cycle. It was a government regulated safety feature.

No one heard my father screaming. It was too late by the time we found him and waited for the dryer to stop.

We had a service at the same laundry mat and burried him in the dryer at a nearby cemetary.

To this day, I still believe that the rubberized to appear armored costume that the wise Val Kilmer wore would of protected him. If anything, the heat from the dryer would of impervious due to it's fire resistant materials.

This is a great-looking figure from the pictures that I have seen, but it also brings back memories of my father that brings me a sense of solemn reverence.

Hence, the one-star rating.

Respect.

• Like 5

Thoughts on Tucci?

He was :ohmygod: good. 

I thought the girl and the boy were going to be god awful, but they were actually ok. No worse than the model from TF3. Wahlberg and Tucci were awesome. Kelsey Grammer was also good. I really didn't had any problems with the movie. People complained about no story? Ridiculous, the movie actually had too many stories trying to set up the future of the franchise. Edition? All fine, TF2 is where Bay goes all WTF and does nonsense stuff. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 7

HOLY POOP

I just found the best thing ever: a dude who reviews things on Amazon in a most bizarre fashion

:lol:

That likes me giving one star to a Superman action figure because it reminds me of a bad time in my childhood.

HOLY POOP

:lol:

Very reminiscent of Phobe Cates' Worst Christmas Story Ever in Gremlins

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

The prodigal son aka CJohn aka the 2am warrior returns :P

Last few days have been mental. On Tuesday I went to University to study all day. Yesterday I went again in the morning to study until 6 PM, the time of the exam. And today I took the day off to go see the legendary new 3 hours of Bayhem. I must say it was exactly what I needed. Me and my friends had a lot of fun with it. 

Edited by CJohn

Fox seems to be botching the Apes release. Poor marketing plus a late preview showtime. If you're gonna go before midnight, you might as well go for primetime at 7 or 8 PM. At least the movie itself seems to be very well made, so hopefully the WOM will help it overcome some of the mistakes by Fox.

Guardians is totally gonna kill it  :ph34r:

some early theater counts, though a number of movies are still missing

> NEW RELEASES
1 - Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Fox 3,966 - - 1
34 - Boyhood IFC 5 - - 1
36 - Land Ho! Sony Classics 4 - - 1
> EXPANDING
12 27 Begin Again Weinstein Company 939 +764 +436.6% 3
13 14 Chef Open Road Films 701 +15 +2.2% 10
14 21 Snowpiercer Radius-TWC 354 +104 +41.6% 3
15 22 The LEGO Movie Warner Bros. 350 +110 +45.8% 23
16 18 Blended Warner Bros. 335 +30 +9.8% 8
19 42 Third Person Sony Classics 227 +193 +567.6% 4
23 48 Fed Up Radius-TWC 20 +4 +25.0% 10
24 55 Venus in Fur IFC 19 +7 +58.3% 4
26 62 Yves Saint Laurent Weinstein Company 14 +4 +40.0% 3
27 71 Hellion IFC 11 +4 +57.1% 5
38 93 The Hornet's Nest Freestyle Releasing 2 +1 +100.0% 10
> NO CHANGE
3 2 Tammy Warner Bros. 3,465 - - 2
4 5 Earth to Echo Relativity 3,230 - - 2
5 6 Deliver Us From Evil Sony / Screen Gems 3,049 - - 2
10 12 America (2014) Lionsgate 1,105 - - 3
21 39 Island of Lemurs: Madagascar (IMAX) Warner Bros. 41 - - 15
32 73 Gore Vidal: United States of Amnesia IFC 6 - - 8
> DECLINING
2 1 Transformers: Age of Extinction Paramount 3,913 -320 -7.6% 3
6 3 22 Jump Street Sony / Columbia 2,811 -513 -15.4% 5
7 8 Maleficent Buena Vista 2,077 -312 -13.1% 7
8 7 Jersey Boys Warner Bros. 1,968 -662 -25.2% 4
9 10 Think Like a Man Too Sony / Screen Gems 1,231 -498 -28.8% 4
11 11 Edge of Tomorrow Warner Bros. 1,103 -435 -28.3% 6

Why do people hate Fox soo much? I keep seeing "Fox sucked at marketing Apes", how? Im not in a big mega city and I see Apes stuff everywhere. Im seeing so many tv spots that I try not to look at them becasue I dont want too much footage. People said the same about Dragon and XMen.I think its just that "Fox mentalitity." Come October, yall will be saying this about Kingsman and December itll be NATM3. What all do you count as marketing? Because I count various things, and I think Apes has done a great job. And people see tv spots WAY more than they see trailers. The trailers highlighted the story, while the spots are full on action, Apes with guns, explosions - what people want to see. Fox isnt my favorite studio but jeez. If Warner was handling Apes and it was same, we wouldnt hear this. Apes will be fine, XMen was fine, Dragon failed on its own. And "fail" is just domestic.

Fox has been dropping the bar on marketing every movie of their's this summer. Not because they aren't exposed, because I did see ads for X-Men, Fault, Apes, and Dragon on TV. Their marketing issue is that none of their movies are made to look like events in the marketing, even though all four of those listed could easily with a good marketing behind them be "event movies."

The only movie this summer with truly "event" marketing was Godzilla.

• Like 3