CoolioD1

Wednesday Actuals: TF4 - 3.68M (pg 10)

what are you talking about? DOFP had two extremely well received trailers and Dragon 2 had ads everywhere in the channels needed to appeal to kids. And Fault is performing a how a movie like that should. 

Exposure=/=good marketing. Just ask TASM2. That's what happened with Dragon 2, except that Dragon 2 spoiled less than TASM2 did.

DOFP had two great trailers released too late into the game. And nothing from it really made it look like the event of the summer, which is what all movies like that should.

Fault is performing well, don't get me wrong. However, it's not performing at the peak of its potential

Yeah, I kind of think Purge Anarchy is going to surprise a lot of folks here, just because something has to.This summer has had very few surprises. Nothing really breaking out, and nothing really being an uber-flop either. (And of course, Purge 2 making something like 75-80 really wouldn't be a super huge breakout either.)

Well there's always been an audience for horror and very single horror film this year has disappointed or flopped. We all know what happens when there's an underserved genre that finally gets a movie to watch.

It had 3 weeks of over 40% drop and just one week under 40%, that is not very good, that is just okay. If it had under 30% drop every week so far, than I would call it very good. And it's under-performing, so 102m was not what was expected of it in the first place so all in all okay run.

Looking at weekly drops r key for summer films. U r referring to weekend drops.
  • Like 1

So, will there be any meltdowns this weekend if Apes comes in under 70m?

when was the last time there was a true meltdown at this site over a movie underperforming?

Seriously Boogie Nights what is your deal? You post random gifs, call actresses prostitutes and talk about gaining likes. Try adding something to the conversation.

To be fair, two of those things are what most posters have been doing lately. :lol:

• Like 2

DRAGONS 2 is probably the closest.

That was hardly a meltdown.when crystal skull had a 28 million dollar opening day or whatever it was there were meltdowns of epic proportions and I was the leader of those meltdowns. I have not seen a meltdown like that seriously since then. If anyone can think of one please let me know.
  • Like 3

Don't know. But if GOTG bombs hard, we could see one.

I seriously doubt it. Guardians of the galaxy is not exactly your typical Marvel movie. I think most people are expecting moderate numbers out of it. There are only a few loonies you think it will do a typical Marvel movie gross.
  • Like 1

That was hardly a meltdown.when crystal skull had a 28 million dollar opening day or whatever it was there were meltdowns of epic proportions and I was the leader of those meltdowns. I have not seen a meltdown like that seriously since then. If anyone can think of one please let me know.

Meltdowns are silly.

:ph34r:

• Like 2