CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

I recently recorded my NYC commute. You can see how I use 3 trains to get to work. All within an hour or so.(Quick look at Lincoln Square + BOF cameo)

• Like 6

how is there eight pages of this already lol? And I have no idea if this is good or if this is a bad number but they were only 10 p.m. Shows last night. So I don't know how much of a rush there is to see this.

I recently recorded my NYC commute. You can see how I use 3 trains to get to work. All within an hour or so.(Quick look at Lincoln Square + BOF cameo)

In addition to being a film nerd, I'm also a huge train nerd so thanks for that.  

• Like 2

CJohn got a little excited at the playground.

More like CJohn beat me at making the thread by leaving out the T. Edited by #ED
  • Like 5

In addition to being a film nerd, I'm also a huge train nerd so thanks for that.

Check out the "Commute Thread".Fun stuff. It includes a fellow CA driver who managed to record and drive on the highway at the same time. Totally safe and totally normal for people in LA.
  • Like 1

I typically give the MTA some slack.  The fact that they are essentially the veins for the entire city and provide millions of people a day a way to avoid having to own a car or navigate New York traffic should be appreciated.  It is a thankless job to run a huge transportation network like the subway.  Typically when there are delays you should either be angry at people who hold the train cars or chose to kill themselves on the track that morning or the state government in Albany who controls the purse strings and should provide them sufficient money to perform maintenance.  The damn thing runs 24/7.  It's a modern marvel even when it shits the bed.

I'm amazed the Port Authority bus terminal functions even moderately decent whenever I catch a bus home from NYC.

• Like 1

WWZ and Pacific Rim both did $3.6m.  WWZ did $66.m and WWZ did $37m over the w/e.  So hard to tell where Apes2 will wind up because not only is there a huge spread but both of those weren't sequels.  But I'd think $60-65m looks about right and that fits in with most recent B.O. guesses..

PR is a fan-boy movie, very front-loaded.

• Like 2

HTTYD2 experience (will end up with ~3.45x compared to HTTYD1's 5x) should teach us not to expect amazing legs from Apes. Even when sequels have better legs than originals, which is rare, it's not by much. Eg: Even CA2's multiplier will end up barely above CA1's 2.715x despite marked improvement in quality/wom. Bigger previews make it more difficult to have a better multiplier.Rise of Apes was 3.22x with 1.4m in Thursday previews. So great legs for Dawn would mean close to 3x and not much more.

HTTYD 2 is a good movie but not good sufficient for have great legs.

Leaving my office for a bunch of meetings in a moment but in the meantime here is some information to get us back on topic.  This is EARLY but as of now on the East Coast:

Dawn is at about 4X Rise's number at the same POD.

Dawn is about 1/3 of Godzilla's number at the same POD.

Dawn is about 1/2 of Maleficent's number at the same POD.  

I'll touch base later.  

• Like 5