Ash Skywalker

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | In theaters

so when you have a book, the script writes itself? a sequel in a year without a script, wow, that's Hollywood

The script is already written. The filming was always supposed to start just a few weeks after the movie opened.

• Like 1

I'm glad it's only a year wait. They don't want to make the same mistake they made with percy Jackson 2.

Percy was not supposed to have a sequel. It only happened because of 3D and the OS explosion and they decided to try and make another. I am sure they were expecting something like 200M OS.

NOOOOO! It needs to be in 2016!

Releasing a sequel a year after the first didn't seem to hurt The Hunger Games franchise. Heck, the sequel outgrossed the original by more than $200 million WW. As long as the sequel follows the original in terms of storyline and quality, TMR franchise is ok. Edited by sfran43
  • Like 1

The Kill Order probably won't even be adapted at all. 

It really depends on how well the sequels will do.

Also, looking at Fox's 2015 line-up, TMR 2 might actually be their second biggest movie WW behind KFP 3. I see TMR  finishing over 350M. The sequel would look to 450-500M, and that would be enough to beat FF, B.O.O., Paper Towns and the Peanuts Movie methinks..

• Like 1