CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Apes 2 - 6.64M (Spatula) | All Numbers in the First Post | NO DERAILMENTS

But Purge had bad legs and nobody liked it.

Purge had horror movie legs.  Quick out of the gate and quick to die.  Conjuring legs are not the norm.

• Like 6

That's a bad drop for Apes. Oh well, I guess that should have been expected after the really good Tuesday number.

Why is it a bad drop?

• Like 1

Let's all hope Purge 2 conjures up some box office anarchy and unseats Apes as #1.

The marketing has been good for this one. Even if this finishes in second place (or third), it could still be the biggest horror movie of the year so far.

• Like 1

Are you serious? Why would anyone want that? :mellow:

Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. The Purge can be an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!

• Like 5

Yeah, The Purge was not well-received and had really atrocious legs, but it's not like it was The Devil Inside (where there were widespread reports of audiences booing it off the screen). This sequel will probably do something like $20M/$40M and not drop off too much, since it's not rehashing the premise of the previous movie.

Let's all hope Purge 2 conjures up some box office anarchy and unseats Apes as #1.

No. That would cause a major disturbance in my answer to SOTM 10. I want to be sure that by the end of Expendables 3 OW I am already winning points on that no matter what happens next. 

• Like 1