CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Apes 2 - 6.64M (Spatula) | All Numbers in the First Post | NO DERAILMENTS

So what if purge 2 wins the weekend?

Would be hilarious as hell.Right now, being optimistic, hopefully apes will only fall 55% this weekend, putting it with a projected weekend of about around 32. The purge would need to get an excellent OW of around 35M me thinks to have a legit shot. It's not impossible, but not likely, Apes SHOULD have this weekend in the bag.Then again this summer......
  • Like 1

Well.That's a shitty number for Apes.What else is really new this summer.

It's not shitty, but rather it's solid not great.  It looks like it heading for a 55-58% drop this w/e which is fine for a $70m+ opener especially with bigger summer days.  Right now it's not looking to have crazy legs but still good ones.

• Like 2

It's not shitty, but rather it's solid not great.  It looks like it heading for a 55-58% drop this w/e which is fine for a $70m+ opener especially with bigger summer days.  Right now it's not looking to have crazy legs but still good ones.

I say shitty because it's dissapointing to me :unsure: I was hoping for a better drop.
  • Like 1

So what if purge 2 wins the weekend?

This summer would be dead to me if that happened. Right now it's on a life support but if Apes2 (with good WOM and everything) managed to drop low enough for any of the new releases to win the weekend, I'd dig up a grave for this summer and bury it. :ph34r:

• Like 2

The only thing that makes me sad about 22 Jump Street's run is that it doesn't have quite enough to get to the Amazing Spider-Man 2 and be Sony's highest grossing film domestically for the year. It'll about 10-12 million short though.

• Like 3

bad for Apes. Guarantees a 55%+ drop for sure.

Not bad for Apes.  Not good for Apes.....just normal.  First weekday numbers don't mean anything,  There is a pattern and it is followed all the time.  You should know this keyser.....you've been following box office for long enough.

• Like 2

Relax does not mean that at all, still can have a 50-55% drop. 

Monday to Wednesday Drop

Rise   : -26.3%

Dawn : -19.2%

Its still fairing better than Rise and that dropped 49.2%

Sequels are naturally more front loaded.  There's a 0% chance it drops less than 50% this weekend.

• Like 1