CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

I think it's a bigger failure that TASM2 had to be dragged to over 200 million.

Why? Everyone knew Spidey would have crap legs. Godzilla had everything going for it, except the film itself

• Like 1

Why? Everyone knew Spidey would have crap legs. Godzilla had everything going for it, except the film itself

BO.com's estimates of total negative cost:

Spidey: $330,000,000

'zilla: $225,000,000

From where I'm sitting, TASM2 looks like the failure domestically.

BO.com's estimates of total negative cost: Spidey: $330,000,000'zilla: $225,000,000 From where I'm sitting, TASM2 looks like the failure domestically.

I imagine it's safe to say TASM2 spent more on marketing than Godzilla too.

A lot were in the 220s and 230s. Literally nobody predicted a number as low as 201.

I didn't say that people predicted the correct number on the nose, I said people knew it would have a crappy multiplier. Godzilla having an even worse multiplier is fairly embarrassing

• Like 1

I didn't say that people predicted the correct number on the nose, I said people knew it would have a crappy multiplier. Godzilla having an even worse multiplier is fairly embarrassing

Godzilla has a slightly worse one considering they'll end up in the same range ((200-205)) and with TASM2 having a slightly lower opening. 

The multiplier was lousy, but the total was reasonable... most predictions were around 200m (give or take 20-30 in either direction).

Yeah but this is probably the worst possible way to get to 200  :lol:

And I know, 200 is 200. But dat sequel...

• Like 2