CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

The cast was good. But if Leo brings in so much business why did django only do 162M?

You are joking, right?

Leo helped Inception as much as being from the director of TDK as much as a fantastic marketing campaign with an appealing concept.

And Django is a R rated western. 162M was a crazy good number for it. 

• Like 5

Can't believe some people are trying to spin Tammy as a big success.Look at the numbers people, once you add in P&A costs, it's going to lose money, or break even at best. It probably needs to hit $120M worldwide to break even (maybe somewhere in the 100-150 range), and it doesn't look like it's going to do that.

BO.com estimates P&A as part of the budget, and they have the total as 50m. But you can't really count P&A without taking other revenue streams in account. It's going to end up being a really profitable movie.

The cast was good. But if Leo brings in so much business why did django only do 162M?

Slave movie? Only so many people will see that.

Inception had a lot of things going for it. Nolan directing is definitely one. The premise is another. But you can't tell me that Leo didn't put butts in the seat.

• Like 1

Mom and her cousin both liked Maleficent. It is getting better word of mouth than people on here think. 

The thing about Maleficent is that it was really just forgettable, but then people both here and real life started calling it the best movie they've seen this summer and it just made me want to puke

• Like 2

Only these forums would a $162M gross for an R-rated, nearly three-hour long, graphically violent western action/comedy be described as "only" in a negative sense. Geez.

Sorry but you are generalizing way too much here. Only one person said this. It's not "these forums".  Address the person not the forums.

• Like 1

Slave movie? Only so many people will see that.Inception had a lot of things going for it. Nolan directing is definitely one. The premise is another. But you can't tell me that Leo didn't put butts in the seat.

I'm not denying it didn't help. I just feel that Nolan being the director of the dark knight was the biggest factor. I still remember all of my friends wanting to see it just bc of that fact. And we all joked that they stole the whole cast from the dark knight movies for inception.
  • Like 1

I'm not denying it didn't help. I just feel that Nolan being the director of the dark knight was the biggest factor. I still remember all of my friends wanting to see it just bc of that fact. And we all joked that they stole the whole cast from the dark knight movies for inception.

Are you a Nolanite?

I'm assuming your sig is "Let's see how bad a prediction I can give for all of these movies"  ;)

Well, there have been weekends where I do great predictions. This weekend was the total opposite :lol: 

• Like 1

Sorry but you are generalizing way too much here. Only one person said this. It's not "these forums".  Address the person not the forums.

Probably. I guess I'm just too used to seeing hit movies have their success undermined because they didn't make as much as so and so or for whatever reason. Shrug.

I had to drag my friends to see Inception with me.