Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

It looks good, but I'm not sure if I'm really sold on the whole premise. If I'm being honest, it seems a bit of an underwhelming route to go after the 15 year wait and all the possibilities there have always been for a sequel. There better be a whole lot more to it than just watch Bob be a bumbling dad while Elastigirl is off on an adventure like that spot makes it seem. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 11

18 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It looks good, but I'm not sure if I'm really sold on the whole premise. If I'm being honest, it seems a bit of an underwhelming route to go after the 15 year wait and all the possibilities there have always been for a sequel. There better be a whole lot more to it than just watch Bob be a bumbling dad while Elastigirl is off on an adventure like that spot makes it seem. 

There’s a lot they’re not showing, but I’d be fine with what you described too. I may have nostalgia glasses on, but that trailer had me grinning all through. Their family interaction/dynamic was what I loved most about the first movie with the superhero-ing stuff being a bonus. 

Edited by Deja23
  • Like 2

It'll be a fairly entertaining sequel for sure. That's really the bare minimum that I am looking for in an Incredibles sequel.

Edit: I felt a lot of joy watching this on my second viewing. A lot of joy.

Edited by slambros
  • Like 3

Looks good. That spot gonna be the last promo thing I watched for this movie. Only seen the first teaser and this one, so I think I’m gonna go in very fairly unspoiled.

I’m excite. 

• Like 1

Looks fantastic!!

And they’re clearly not showing us all the really good stuff, like anything from the third act or what the main bad guys plan is. I can’t wait for this movie. It’s my most anticipated Summer movie. The first is my absolute favorite Pixar movie. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Looks good. That spot gonna be the last promo thing I watched for this movie. Only seen the first teaser and this one, so I think I’m gonna go in very fairly unspoiled.

I’m excited.

That's similar to what I did for Logan, Wonder Woman, Blade Runner 2049, and Star Wars: The Last Jedi; and I think that really does work. I think I'll do the same.

9 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

There’s a lot they’re not showing, but I’d be fine with what you described too. I may have nostalgia glasses on, but that trailer had me grinning all through. Their family interaction/dynamic was what I loved most about the first movie with the superhero-ing stuff being a bonus. 

Will suck if Helen is absent from the family dynamic though, and where is Violet in all this? They're really hiding her. 

• Like 1

One character I'd like to see in this film is the character Mirage from the first film; her actress isn't an announced voice character yet. But I totally understand if they decided to leave the character out. Her story was very tied to Syndrome's story, which was completed in the first film to my current knowledge.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Btw, is that going to be attached to anything theatrically, like BP? It's really more of a trailer than a spot. 

BP's trailers are Solo and Ant-Man, so it'll probably play in front of Wrinkle in Time and Sherlock Gnomes.

11 minutes ago, slambros said:

One character I'd like to see in this film is the character Mirage from the first film; her actress isn't an announced voice character yet. But I totally understand if they decided to leave the character out. Her story was very tied to Syndrome's story, which was completed in the first film to my current knowledge.

Unfortunately Mirage's voice actress (Elizabeth Pena, who's a great actress), passed away a few years ago. If she does return, it'll likely only be in a small role. 

24 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Will suck if Helen is absent from the family dynamic though, and where is Violet in all this? They're really hiding her. 

Violet was in the cookie feeding scene. Spotted her at least 3 times, though yes, she has less dialogue than the rest. She’s the character I’m most excited for though so I’m hopeful for more from her in the movie. And I don’t think what was shown will be what the whole movie is about. We didn’t get introduced to a couple of other characters so there’s definitely more they’re hiding. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Unfortunately Mirage's voice actress (Elizabeth Pena, who's a great actress), passed away a few years ago. If she does return, it'll likely only be in a small role. 

That's very sad to hear. My thoughts are with her and her loved ones tonight. Thank you for letting me know of this.

1 minute ago, slambros said:

That's very sad to hear. My thoughts are with her and her loved ones tonight. Thank you for letting me know of this.

You're welcome. She was a good actress, and Mirage was a very interesting character, but I think they did basically wrap everything-up with the character with Syndrome, so I doubt she'll appear in the film. 

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

This

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1