Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

22 hours ago, Morieris said:

the ups and downs of the parent-child relationship through the colorful, rich, and tasty lens of the Chinese immigrant community in Canada

I'm really looking forward to this. (My mother is Chinese.)

Edit: These tweets at the bottom of the article, QFT.

Edited by Jason
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Yeah marketing sure looks like that is the whole plot of the film which is a letdown. It's going to be predictable if so. Would bet that scene of the family all gearing up is either from the very beginning or the last act.

That scene is from the original Incredibles. I highly doubt the plot of the film is going to be about a stay-at-home dad. Elastigirl is the main character this time around. Focusing on the dad in the trailers, would hide the real plot of the film, which heavily involves Elastigirl. I have huge trust in Bird to deliver once again. 

• Like 1

I'm not gonna watch it to save spoiling more, but the first teaser/trailer was incredibly lame.

Humour was off, editing was dodgy, whatever they are showing better not be the main storyline because it's certainly far from a story that deserved to be told.

Also, Bao sounds infinitely more appealing already than The Incredibles 2.

I'm a bit letdown. I mean, I knew Dory was just to save Stanton some face, but Bird didn't need to return to the Incredibles, even though Tomorrowland sucked. I believe he chose to because there was a strong enough story but that is not evident in the trailer.

Lots of new footage (mostly of Edna Mode) starting at 0:17

Hilarious!

Also, people have already figured out some of the main plot and the main villain through lego sets descriptions and coloring books lmao

Spoiler alert: It's not just about Bob being a stay at home dad..

Edited by Royce

On 3/28/2018 at 10:18 AM, Trolltastic Tele said:

They were considered bombs. :lol: (tbh people sometimes misuse the word then too — WATERWORLD, for example — but that was more because they didn’t actually look at the grosses).

Late to the party on this, and I really don't want to disrupt the thread since it moved on, but I just wanted to chime in that we should try to go back to bust vs bomb.  

Underperforming films that cost studios money are busts.  Films that tank harder than a basketball team chasing the lottery ping pong balls are the films which should be called bombs

"Bust" is commonly used in the sports world for something highly touted that doesn't work out, so it seems natural that we should use it here for similar situations.  Leave the word bomb for the films that deserve it.

NB:  Not that it's gonna matter for Ocean's 8 (which kicked off that discussion) as that film is gonna surprise a buncha folks here when it does over 200m DOM. j1aUlyv.gif

PS to the NB: And since it's in a completely different demo, Ocean's 8 success (just you wait and see!) won't affect Incredibles 2, either. ;)

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Late to the party on this, and I really don't want to disrupt the thread since it moved on, but I just wanted to chime in that we should try to go back to bust vs bomb.  

Underperforming films that cost studios money are busts.  Films that tank harder than a basketball team chasing the lottery ping pong balls are the films which should be called bombs

"Bust" is commonly used in the sports world for something highly touted that doesn't work out, so it seems natural that we should use it here for similar situations.  Leave the word bomb for the films that deserve it.

NB:  Not that it's gonna matter for Ocean's 8 (which kicked off that discussion) as that film is gonna surprise a buncha folks here when it does over 200m DOMj1aUlyv.gif

PS to the NB: And since it's in a completely different demo, Ocean's 8 success (just you wait and see!) won't affect Incredibles 2, either. ;)

Agree with pretty much everything here except the bold part. I like your optimism but i cant see it going higher than Spy numbers, mabye Ghostbusters 16' at max.