The Panda

The Panda's 100 Most Important Blockbusters (From 1975 to Now)

Can you hurry up?

I'll try and do a posting spree Labor Day weekend, I have mostly been using mobile and I only post on this list when I am on PC.  The time I had this weekend at home I had to spend getting rid of a virus on my computer.

Also, because this isn't a list people voted on and my personal list I do feel I am allowed to go at whatever pace I have time for.

• Like 4

Iron Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A52Y4IorgDU

While on paper this wouldn't seem to be as important as it is, more like an extremely successful franchise starter.  However, Iron Man didn't just kick-start the Iron Man franchise but the entire MCU franchise which led to future hits such as the Avengers and all of the movies Marvel Comics had released.  Had this movie not been as successful as it was we may have never seen this current comic book moviefest that is currently going on.

• Like 9

Twister

One of the defining natural disaster movies, it's hard for any studio to make a movie about man vs. natural disasters without getting direct comparisons to Twister (see Into the Storm).  While Twister did not start the natural disaster genre is certainly capitalized on it and became a massive hit in its age.

• Like 6

Iron Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A52Y4IorgDU

While on paper this wouldn't seem to be as important as it is, more like an extremely successful franchise starter.  However, Iron Man didn't just kick-start the Iron Man franchise but the entire MCU franchise which led to future hits such as the Avengers and all of the movies Marvel Comics had released.  Had this movie not been as successful as it was we may have never seen this current comic book moviefest that is currently going on.

Still the best Marvel film to date.

• Like 1

Rocky

This is Stallone's biggest success story, it is a movie that took off as a major hit, won best picture, and started one of the biggest movie franchises that is out there.  There is so much cultural relevance in this and it's evident by the underdog impact it bestowed in many other movies that strived to be like that.  It has worn the test of time and stands a definitive blockbuster classic.

Watching Rocky Balboa 2008, I really need to say again that Rocky deserved a much better higher ranking, for so many reasons...

Just for Rocky itself and the whole story and music

Then for how many independents got into movies as per the whole Rocky/Stallone success story.

Also, what kind of career and future movies would Stallone have had, if he did fight and holdout to star in the high profile leading star of Rocky

• Like 1

Twister

One of the defining natural disaster movies, it's hard for any studio to make a movie about man vs. natural disasters without getting direct comparisons to Twister (see Into the Storm).  While Twister did not start the natural disaster genre is certainly capitalized on it and became a massive hit in its age.

I think Twister was also the first early bird May blockbuster, right?

It's why I don't do lists like these, it would take me too long or I would forget about it.

A month and a half to do 33 films? FFS, this thread sucks.

huge posting spree of 2 films lol :P

I'll try and do a posting spree Labor Day weekend, I have mostly been using mobile and I only post on this list when I am on PC.  The time I had this weekend at home I had to spend getting rid of a virus on my computer. Also, because this isn't a list people voted on and my personal list I do feel I am allowed to go at whatever pace I have time for.

I agree, but imam more concerned with the quality of these choices, then the slowest. As a lot of the choices and rankings are head scratchers.Also, I would hope in the future that people have there write ups done before starting these threads, ad why the rush until you can do it timely.Ps. I once saw a poster, not even detail the top 5 entries, other than listing the titles, saying he was bored with this.... And lol, worst of all, he started a different posting thread the neck day.Big Ego, Much?

I agree, but imam more concerned with the quality of these choices, then the slowest. As a lot of the choices and rankings are head scratchers.Also, I would hope in the future that people have there write ups done before starting these threads, ad why the rush until you can do it timely.Ps. I once saw a poster, not even detail the top 5 entries, other than listing the titles, saying he was bored with this.... And lol, worst of all, he started a different posting thread the neck day.Big Ego, Much?

You know, it's a bit rich to start a post claiming that someone's choices aren't up to your standard of 'quality' and then end it accusing someone else of having a big ego.