Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Chewy already made a perfect, simple post explaining why it is happening yesterday.

I must of missed it behind Tele's 20 conversations in this thread.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Ok Rth don't come back later and revise down. It's still quite early. I was thinking around 28-29m. This 31m got my hopes up, lol.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

I must of missed it behind Tele's 20 conversations in this thread.

Posted Image

Colorful world, looks fresh and new, fantastic marketing campaign, dead Summer, no competition, it became the event of the Summer by default, etc. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Now let s discuss the most important subject regarding GOTG : legs !

This has been the summer of bad legs except for Maleficent and 22JS, can Groot reverse the trend ???

Groot has some long-ass legs!

• Like 1

Even though I want a 60-80M OW for Turtles, Guardians might still have a 44-45M 2nd  OW.. And that would be great

GOTG won't hit 44 next weekend.

I think 36-37 is a believeable number.

Unless TMNT really opens big, above 60, in which case GOTG probably won't even hit the 32-33 range.

• Like 1

I liked Guardians. I'd give it a B+. Story-wise it's basically just "catch that orb!" but it's done with a lot of humor and heart. Go Guardians! 

Yeah, that's actually a really nice thing about GOTG. It's got all these crazy ass aliens and outer space and backstory and whatever, but the story is extremely simple and unconfusing when you get down to it. The window-dressing is beautiful and all, but the story is very straightforward.

That's the type of thing that should make the GA enjoy it.

• Like 1

GOTG won't hit 44 next weekend.

I think 36-37 is a believeable number.

Unless TMNT really opens big, above 60, in which case GOTG probably won't even hit the 32-33 range.

Should be enough fans for Turtles to be huge and Guardians still do a big weekend, depends if this is the type of film

comic fans want to see again and again though... Im very excited for Turtles after trailer 2.

Turtles 65-70M , Guardians 38-40m :)

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

Tammy had pretty long and thick legs.

I know you're just trying to be funny, but Tammy released on a Wednesday and had a non-standard Friday, so you really can't look at it's 3-day weekend and it's total and make any sort of judgement about legs.

If you look at the past few weekends, Tammy's legs have actually not been that good.

• Like 1

Should be enough fans for Turtles to be huge and Guardians still do a big weekend, depends if this is the type of film

comic fans want to see again and again though...

There's definitely something to be said for multiple viewings of GOTG. I've seen a lot of people say they want to go see it again, and it's such a visually beautiful movie that it really should do well with regards to rewatchability.

There's lots to see.

• Like 2