Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

I still feel that we need to owe Guardians' really massive opening to ROCKET RACCOON!!! That is so much fun to say.

If your drama is tracking to open to dismal numbers, just add ROCKET RACCOON!!!! $50M+ opening guaranteed.

Rocket was my favorite...the point where

Rocket lays out the entire plan of breaking out of the prison and Groot blows it up, the look on Rocket's face is priceless

Posted Image

• Like 7

Actually, Guardians unlike other movies actually was made to be displayed in the near full aspect ratio of IMAX. Turtles wasn't.I wouldn't have seen Guardians in IMAX if it was just a traditional upscale

I saw Guardians in a premium format (hi def, premium sound but normal sized screen) by accident. It made for an awesome 4K or 8K experience but I probably wont shell out that kind of cash regularly.
  • Like 1

Rocket was my favorite...the point where

Rocket lays out the entire plan of breaking out of the prison and Groot blows it up, the look on Rocket's face is priceless

Posted Image

I liked the part where he revealed that he really didn't need the prosthetic leg. Ha

Also, later he said he needed some guys arm and the rest were like No no no!

• Like 6

I liked the part where he revealed that he really didn't need the prosthetic leg. HaAlso, later he said he needed some guys arm and the rest were like No no no!

Actually it was a cybernetic eye.

;)

• Like 4

Would not shock me. Still. 92m for GOTG is a freaking great start and still assure 200m+++.

Yep, I said this back on....well a while ago....they drop they predicted was too optimistic.  Films typically drop about 25% on Sunday in July.  18% is more like a mid simmer drop, not August.  

• Like 1

Disney estimating an 18% Saturday to Sunday drop is just odd.  

I think they just wanted to be over Godzilla and as close to Cap 2 as possible. But really, when a movie overperforms like this one is, why would you "fake it 'til you make it"?

Isn't the world enough for you, Disney? Isn't it???? :ca::father:

Obviously, the answer is no. They want...

:spidey:

• Like 5