Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

And if PEople think a movie like John Carter didn't hurt Disney well think again.

The trades reported major conflicts between Disney's top executives after the movie crashed at the bo and some people got fired.

You get hurt when you put more than 200m of loss on your balance sheet.

And Yes, I know Disney is worth billions yaddi yadda but trust me, people who work in these giant media conglomerates detest to lose money, they are the real wolves of Walll Street.

So Yes, in my book, GOTG was a huge risk. Like Ant Man will be a big gamble next year too.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 5

And if PEople think a movie like John Carter didn't hurt Disney well think again.

The trades reported major conflicts between Disney's top executives after the movie crashed at the bo and some people got fired.

You get hurt when you put more than 200m of loss on your balance sheet.

And Yes, I know Disney is worth billions yaddi yadda but trust me, poeple who work in these giant media conglomerates detest to lose moeny, they are the rteal wolves of Walll Street.

So Yes, in my book, GOTG was a huge risk. Like Ant Man will be a big gamble next year too.

Amen, but glad Disney has the balls to test even the unknown Marvel potentials. :)

And this time the gamble paid off..

Thank you, Thank you Thank you. I was getting worried for a minute.

Hah hah my queen you certainly didnt sound like it Ecstasy. I hope your rooting for TMNT this weekend too girly.

:)... So laughing at these folks saying 50-80M max domestic for Turtles??? I think they are betting a bit too much on Guardians and forgetting how much love Trailer 2 got for the boys.

Edited by Superman001