Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

GOTG won't win this coming weekend let alone 4 weeks down the road.  

Lets see. I honestly believe it may win 6 weekends in a row, losing the 7th to Dolphin Tale 2 or something. But if it loses one, it will definitely be the next one against TMNT.

• Like 1

I'm not convinced that TMNT won't flop.

I think it will do well.  I hear a lot of kids saying how much they want to see it.

• Like 1

Lets see. I honestly believe it may win 6 weekends in a row, losing the 7th to Dolphin Tale 2 or something. But if it loses one, it will definitely be the next one against TMNT.

No way dude.  It's not going to have 35-40% drops every week.  It'll perform like a typical blockbuster.  Fast out of the gate and then fade for a few weeks and then get decent late legs.

• Like 1

No way dude.  It's not going to have 35-40% drops every week.  It'll perform like a typical blockbuster.  Fast out of the gate and then fade for a few weeks and then get decent late legs.

Agreed and as bad as September looks to me, I don't think Guardians will get through August as the number one movie for every weekend so it won't matter

• Like 1

I applied a CA2 type of run.

Well, 58% drop for an original film in the summer, is hardly a good drop, but a lot of people here were expecting something massive, so 58% looks good in retrospect.

But a lot of people predicted 65%-70% drop last week. Hercules seems to suffer that kind of drop but not Lucy even though the former has had similar to better reception.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 2

Agreed and as bad as September looks to me, I don't think Guardians will get through August as the number one movie for every weekend so it won't matter

I am glad I am busy for most of August and September. I feel like I won't be missing out any movie.
  • Like 1

If I had to guess, I'd say GOTG next three weekends will look like this:

Coming off a 96 mill weekend: 42M (-56%)...TMNT goes for a similar audience

Third weekend:  25 mill (-40%)

Fourth weekend:  16.5 mill (-35%)

If it's winning weekend 4 with 16 mill, I'd be shocked.

• Like 1

You are so anti-GOTG it's funny.  :rolleyes:  :popcorn: 

What's the official number for Transformers?

It has nothing to do with me not liking the movie.  I've done nothing but express my shock and sing praise at how big the OW is.  

• Like 1

Going to be a tight race for #1 the weekend EX3 comes out.

I think TMNT will beat it by at least $5m next weekend. 

It'd be sad if The Expendables 3 couldn't win that weekend. That movie deserves at least some decent opening.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 2

I am glad I am busy for most of August and September. I feel like I won't be missing out any movie.

I will see a couple more on August, but totally agree about September.  I don't think I will see one new release that whole month

Edited by 75live