Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

He might mean "primal" fear.

It isn't even a primal fear. Maybe getting lost itself is a nightmare for most people but getting lost in space isn't something that has ever happened to any human being as far as I can tell.

It isn't even a primal fear. Maybe getting lost itself is a nightmare for most people but getting lost in space isn't something that has ever happened to any human being as far as I can tell.

It's that essentially you're falling forever. People with vertigo and/or a fear of heights and falling are going to be susceptible to a fear of space, whether it's "logical" or not.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2

One aspect of the short running time -- along with the incredibly immersive visuals -- is that you have a hard time pegging how far through the movie you are at any given point. This makes all the complicating drama much more intense, because your internal movie clock isn't sure whether it's just an intermediate action or the final concluding piece.

I know exactly what you mean!
  • Like 1

Like Tele said, being lonely in the darkest vacuum falling forever is a primal fear the movie can easily trigger from what I've seen so far.

For me, it looks thrilling but for some others it can be their worst nightmare becoming true on screen.

This movie was kinda crappy.

Way too overhypped.

I can't believe critics are falling for this. There is absolutely no subtext, no metaphysical musings, none. Just a lame attempt at a Disney-Star Tour type attraction ...

Space space space and even more space with that chick from Demotion Man.

The emotional arc of Sabu was a mess.

Children of Men was ten times the movie that Gravity miserably tries to be.

Cute music though and Clooney, as usual, was a total bore.

Underwhelmed doesn't quite cut it to say the least ...

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1