Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

My feelings on the CC trailer: fantastic visuals, but incredibly short on much else. The potential is definitely there, though. Cuaron is overdue for another great flick.

Could you please elaborate? Thanks.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 2

Yah.

Yeah as far as we know, it's all taking place within the realm of reality. Unless there is a kubrick 2001 twist it all sounds more like a tragedy/disaster event. To be honest it sounds chilling, that'd be a terrible terrible way to go not dying until your oxygen supply runs out or you get fried by a solar flare event or get peppered by thousands of tiny space rocks traveling at super high speeds, all very real possibilities that astronauts/future colonizers face.

Space can be a frightening place and I wonder if that's what Cuaron is going for here or if it's more Clooney and Bullock reflecting on their lives and loved ones. Emmanuel Lubezki is working on this so that's a plus, I loved his work on Tree of Life and New World. My biggest concern is that it could be pretty boring. What can be done from there(astronauts perspective) in 2+ hours? Them floating would surely take them a long, long time(past their lives, I assume they only have hours til the oxygen runs out) until they'd reach any significant destination. I may be nitpicking but I wonder what velocity they're moving at.

About 2001, I watched the first hour (commercials included) of it with my friends and it was so bad that we had to put Transformers on to cleanse our minds. In a sentence, how does the rest of the movie go? We were basically too drunk on laughter from the apes beginning to really get the rest of what we saw.

About 2001, I watched the first hour (commercials included) of it with my friends and it was so bad that we had to put Transformers on to cleanse our minds. In a sentence, how does the rest of the movie go? We were basically too drunk on laughter from the apes beginning to really get the rest of what we saw.

Probably not worth summing up for you then. ;)

• Like 3