Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

My prediction is that Gravity will be this year's Cloud Atlas. It will divide critics and bore the fuck out of GA.

Cloud Atlas wasn't boring.

I really hope this does much better than Cloud Atlas DOM...

• Like 1

My prediction is that Gravity will be this year's Cloud Atlas. It will divide critics and bore the fuck out of GA.

If it's this year's Cloud Atlas, I'd be thrilled. I loved Cloud Atlas. But this looks like a visual effects feast like no other. Reminds me more of Life of Pi in that regard. Could get huge Oscar consideration in the technicals, if not for Bullock and Curaon as well.
  • Like 6

Holy Balls

I am impressed. I am not as bothered with SaBu as before but obviously this is only a short trailer.

It seems they are stuck following the path of the debris so it doesn't seem to be totally empty(without debris and whatnot)

I also liked the music in the trailer, kinda haunting.

Just so you know, they were around 30 directors of photography on this movie.And I am not joking.

You mean camera operators? Lubezki is the DP. And I don't know why I'm feeding the troll.

Awesome trailer. I think this will breakout. Looks like Bullock will be repeating her awesome 2009 box office year. Big comedy hit in the summer (The Proposal/The Heat) and big drama hit in the fall (Blind Side/Gravity).

Edited by IronMan89

You mean camera operators? Lubezki is the DP. And I don't know why I'm feeding the troll.

No, I mean like in Avatar, Life of Pi where there are  20 to 30 CGI artists whose sole work is all about lighting, CGI lighting to be exact.

There are discussions withing AMPAS, SFX workers and DP to put this very complicated issue/subject on the table.

WHat I mean is that Lubeski is far from being the sole responsible for the beauty of the shots we are gonna see in this movie, just like in Avatar ( CGI lighting artits were close to 40 I think here) and Life of Pi and basicaly EVERY heavy CGI movie.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Given Cuaron's pedigree, why would you think this?

He is competing with Kubrick which will divide the critics. The trailer is great because it lasts for less than 90 seconds but the movie will be two hours long which won't sit well with GA.

Edited by TLK

He is competing with Kubrick which will divide the critics. The trailer is great because it lasts for less than 90 seconds but the movie will be two hours long which won't sit well with GA.

Every holiday film last year was over 150 min. I think the GA is getting used to longer movies.

No, I mean like in Avatar, Life of Pi where there are  20 to 30 CGI artists whose sole work is all about lighting, CGI lighting to be exact.

There are discussions withing AMPAS, SFX workers and DP to put this very complicated issue/subject on the table.

WHat I mean is that Lubeski is far from being the sole responsible for the beauty of the shots we are gonna see in this movie, just like in Avatar ( CGI lighting artits were close to 40 I think here) and Life of Pi and basicaaly EVERY heavy CGI movie.

Yes indeed, the CG lighting supervisor(s) and the CG lightning crew deserve a nod. That's truly magnifiscent, it looks like it was actually shot in space on a real space station above earth. No green screen effect to be found that betray the CGI.