Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

OS isn't as strong as DOM. 1B is impossible at this point. It needs to turn into Skyfall in the UK and turn into Pacific Rim in China.

Edited by CJohn

Gravity is still 2 weeks out for me, so I was thinking about satiating my sci-fi hunger with The Europa Report. Anyone seen it? Any thoughts?

It's pretty good actually. The found footage angle feels a bit gimmick-y at times but it's suspenseful and keeps you interested.

Just my 2 cents.

Thor 2 yes, Hobbit 2 no.

Right now I'd say this has a stronger chance of hitting 300 than TH2. Especially since I guarantee they'll re-release/re-expand this for Oscar season like they did Argo. Probably will get another IMAX run too. This will make money until March or so of next year.

Edited by MovieMan89

I saw this on Friday night, but I started to get bored when it became a solo film. I guess I fell for the hype, and even watched it in IMAX 3D, but after everything was done, I was disappointed. I guess I was expecting something like Apollo 13 (which for me is still the ultimate stranded in space movie for me) and well, I didn't get it. The characters were annoying, and I could have cared less if someone died or lived. The CGI was pretty, but I've seen the same shit already in other block busters. Hell, the meteor shower down to earth just reeked rip off from Transformers. It's not a bad movie, but it's not as good as the critics are crying that it is. I gave it a C. Mostly due to the fact that shaky camera was not used (a fad I wish would just go away)

starting to get too much hype. when people start mentioning 600m or dare i say 1B? what the** are people smoking?

calm down. more likely its going for about 500m WW and china grosses over estimate the gross anyway due to very low profit share and if they pay the profit share at all.

e.g. life of pi had International Box Office$483,000,000, but $91m or so was china(approx nearly 20% of the gross). Take that out and its much less to write home about.

Edited by Halba

I saw this on Friday night, but I started to get bored when it became a solo film. I guess I fell for the hype, and even watched it in IMAX 3D, but after everything was done, I was disappointed. I guess I was expecting something like Apollo 13 (which for me is still the ultimate stranded in space movie for me) and well, I didn't get it. The characters were annoying, and I could have cared less if someone died or lived. The CGI was pretty, but I've seen the same shit already in other block busters. Hell, the meteor shower down to earth just reeked rip off from Transformers. It's not a bad movie, but it's not as good as the critics are crying that it is. I gave it a C. Mostly due to the fact that shaky camera was not used (a fad I wish would just go away)

You have no soul.

Look for it.

Team Hobbit. :)

I know we're free to like whatever we want all, but...do you really have to be a Beiber? He's the last thing I expected to see on the forums hahah.

Edited by Twerkdrew
  • Like 1