Fancyarcher

Disney's A Wrinkle in Time | 9th March, 2018 | Frozen's Jennifer Lee writing, Ava DuVernay directing. 45% on RT

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

Just read some of the comments. Once again don't let @Telehilation fool you. Internally he is screaming with joy at the evil empire getting a dud of a movie. Probably gonna drink to it later on in the evening, if he hasn't started already :ph34r:

Justice for Lab Rats. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The Mummy got 10% RT and people didn't care to defend it and the actors/director involved. lol when the movie is bad it deserves to be called out. I guess it's about who they like and Ava has some fans here i suppose.

Not saying this is as bad as The Mummy (i havent seen it, but that is not possible

Kstew and Rpat becoming auteur/Indie/Sundance/Cannes darlings has to be the best cosmic joke of the 2010's.

Auteurs, you can do way better I am sure.

Put up an effort.

Edited by The Futurist

1 minute ago, Nova said:

That is a mystery to me if I'm being honest lol 

Stewart isn't really interested in big budgeted films these days. She prefers to do more indie films. I think she's proven she has talent. 

• Like 5
  • Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, Alli said:

The RT score is about the same as Red Sparrow. People weren't as heated last week defending Lawrence and she has plenty of fans here.

If you think the debate here is heated, I'd stay out of Marvel/DC/SW threads when RT scores first appear.

Mind you, one probably should avoid those threads on RT Watch Day regardless. :lol:  But I've seen meltdowns/flamewars on RT Watch Day before and this doesn't even crack the Top Ten.

1 minute ago, Jay Hollywood said:

No it doesn't at all. How?

Save the cats is a screen writing book and yoga is in general a joke or started as one about white woman I thought. So please tell me how. Maybe im do young and theres a secert dig in there but ive read it 5 times and see 0 words that even hint at Ava or Race. 

Yes. Gendered. It's worth pointing out, that's all.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Stewart isn't really interested in big budgeted films these days. She prefers to do more indie films. I think she's proven she has talent. 

She is making a comeback now to big budget (not sure how much it is offer coming back or interest now that there would not be media frenzy around her presence in them)

She has a nice budget (65million) one coming up in Underwater:

https://fastlane.louisianaeconomicdevelopment.com/Film/FilmSearchDetails.aspx?ProjNum=iThlsUMBBbFsNEyGLvnZuA%3d%3d

And rumored to be in Elizabeth Banks Charlie angels. Ang Lee billy lynn was also a giant director mid budget studio movie.

Edited by Barnack