filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

When the weekend estimates come in, I'm pretty sure they'll say 50M for Turtles, while Actuals will probably be closer to 48M

Before TF4, I had never actually heard of studios fudging the Actuals (must have been living under a rock) have there been any other recent cases of this?

I thought you were referring to estimates.  Most studios fudge those for the weekend headlines.

Wouldn't (very obviously) fudging it twice in a row really hurt their credibility? I mean obviously doing it once would still, but twice would really make people not believe them. I'm just hoping that they're going to be professional about this.Did they fudge it with Hercules? Had they, I'm pretty sure they would have pushed it over 30M, not 29.8M

• Like 1

http://nikkifinke.com/box-office-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-starts-strong-4-6m-thursday-late-shows-storm-800k/?utm_campaign=uncategorized&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Nikki claims Nostalgia is causing Turtles to "Over perform".  LOL, I mean does everyone want this movie to fail?

Well Nikki is always snarky. And nostalgia does have a lot to do with it's success. That's definitely a factor. I'll always have a soft spot for them. :wub:

Wouldn't (very obviously) fudging it twice in a row really hurt their credibility? I mean obviously doing it once would still, but twice would really make people not believe them. I'm just hoping that they're going to be professional about this.Did they fudge it with Hercules? Had they, I'm pretty sure they would have pushed it over 30M, not 29.8M

The average person doesn't know or even care and as long as they report the correct grosses (revenue) to the IRS nobody is gonna stop them.

I'll just pull this outta my ass. Guardians wins the weekend, around $45-47 million, and Turtles comes in a VERY close second with $44-46 million.

If Paramount fudges that statistic tho...  :rant: 

Posted Image

http://nikkifinke.com/box-office-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-starts-strong-4-6m-thursday-late-shows-storm-800k/?utm_campaign=uncategorized&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Nikki claims Nostalgia is causing Turtles to "Over perform".  LOL, I mean does everyone want this movie to fail?

Everyone who likes quality films, yes

• Like 1