filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

I'm glad to see August turning this whole summer around!

TMNT doing over 55m on OW is amazing; even still though, it's going to be a tough climb to 150m. Considering the drops of GI Joe and the animated TMNT movie, and factoring in the Thursday previews, I expect a drop of over 60% next weekend.

As for GOTG, I hope it can manage to stay considerably above 40m. It would be nice to see a big blockbuster with legs for a change.

• Like 1

Average RT-score for the 3 Michael Bay-produced movies this year (TF4, Purge 2, TMNT): 32%. And all 3 became #1 at the BO. :slaphead:

There's a joke about Bay being The McDonald's of the movie world somewhere here.
  • Like 1

I told you Kayom.. The adults and kids... Proved Turtle power hasnt died off completely at all..And its some pizza in the face for haters with the 20-40M max OW predicts lol

Even though I predicted low 40s, I'm no hater I promise!

I'm glad to see August turning this whole summer around!

TMNT doing over 55m on OW is amazing; even still though, it's going to be a tough climb to 150m. Considering the drops of GI Joe and the animated TMNT movie, and factoring in the Thursday previews, I expect a drop of over 60% next weekend.

As for GOTG, I hope it can manage to stay considerably above 40m. It would be nice to see a big blockbuster with legs for a change.

Amen dont worry Lord Vegita I think Guardians still has 40-44M in her sweetheart left.

And Im also hoping Turtles goes even further above that 60M OW number :)

I predicted 64 :)

There's a joke about Bay being The McDonald's of the movie world somewhere here.

There's another joke about critics not mattering to movies at all.

• Like 5

Even though I predicted low 40s, I'm no hater I promise!

No 40-40s was definitely more of a respectable predict.. Our girl Estasy and Poke buddy also predicted 40-40+ with chance to go beyound 50+M :).

All these Bay raggers.

Hello my movie family, not every director is going to be a James Cameron or Steven Speilberg.. That doesnt mean you cant

sit back and relax and enjoy Bays work.

On those that say he doesnt do great movies... Ahem One just has to go back to the Rock, The Island,  Armageddon, Bad Boys 1 ,

Transformers and you will find alot of people that beg to differ!!.

Bay has done some really stand out movies and I for one dont need a director to do an oscar buzz worthy film to acknowledge Bay

has had moments of greatness. :)

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I mean with the McDonald's comparison ...why make a higher quality product if millions of people will just ingest the same shit over and over again. Edited by FTF
  • Like 4

LOL Baumer aka critics on ID4, Transformers I-3, Bad Boys 1, Armageddon, The Rock( Actually I think critics actually supported Bay

on that one-lol) , Speillbergs War of the Worlds ( I loved the movie until Spielberg wimped out with the outcome with that ending)

Courts Adjourned. A great movie does not have to be oscar worthy period!

• Like 2

Yeah that's what I mean with the McDonald's comparison ...why make a higher quality product if millions of people will just ingest the same shit over and over again.

Higher quality according to you?  

• Like 2