filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Friday afternoon forecasts placed “Turtles” well ahead of the second weekend of  Marvel-Disney’s “Guardians of the Galaxy,” which looked likely to finish the frame between $41 and $46 million.

Turtles” started strongly Friday with initial estimates in the $19 to $25 million range — including $4.6 million in late-night screenings Thursday at 2,651 locations.

:unsure:

That's a wide range. :P

Hopefully they both end up on the high-end.

Michael Bay just created another franchise. This man is a gold mine. 

Resurrected is a more apt term.

He drained the life force from many BSGs to do this.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 4

Resurrected is a more apt term.

He drained the life force from many BSGs to do this.

Still waiting for the day he his hired to make a Marvel or DC movie. This forum will explode.

Yeah, I don't even have TMNT in my top :lol: 

• Like 1

Still waiting for the day he his hired to make a Marvel or DC movie. This forum will explode.

This forum and forums around the world. Make it happen!

• Like 1

Me neither. I thought it had flop written all over it.

But Dat Kid Drawing Power

• Like 1

I am so here for that. For both the movie and the meltdown here :lol:  Hmmm... let's see, Avengers 3 and Justice League 2 will do.

• Like 2

I am so here for that. For both the movie and the meltdown here :lol:  Hmmm... let's see, Avengers 3 and Justice League 2 will do.

He should do both and have them cross over. :lol:

• Like 1

I don't think that's happened yet, because both Marvel and DC have taste.

Not sure if you realized, but Marvel hired Peyton Reed to direct Ant-Man, Alan Taylor to direct Thor 2 and Joe Johnston to direct CA. These are crap directors. 

And Nolan told DC to hire Snyder. Otherwise believe me, he wouldn't get the job. I am happy they did, because I think he did a great job with the movie, but he wouldn't be my first choice at all. 

• Like 3

TMNT performing way above expectations in the shadow of another movie that performed way above expectations really makes me wanna say August is the new June or July.

No. Both of them just happened to be appealing and different from the usual stuff and were both in August. The July schedule was ridiculously bad. What did you want to happen? Apes 2, Purge 2 and Lucy performed quite well. Even Hercules opened slightly above expectations. 

• Like 1

Plus add Ninja Turtles and Transformers and Christian Grey as the main villain :P

And then unleash the Apes.  And top it off with the King of Monsters moonwalking out from the Pacific Ocean.

• Like 3