filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Damn!I really want to take the kid to a movie. Kind of think GOTG would be too much for him, but he loves Groot and Rocket.I can't wait for the next family movie to come out....

How old is the kid? GOTG is pretty tame. Edited by Jack Nevada

In fairness Baumer was only responding to someone who made the inverse of his comment.

The initial comment was about the ugliness of the turtles, which is true : the design is terrible.

And I don't see why would Rocket and Groot be considered as "stupid" and "dumb ass".

Edited by Clef Ment

The initial comment was about the ugliness of the turtles, which is true : the design is terrible.And I don't see why would Rocket and Groot be considered as "stupid" and "dumb ass".

I can definitely see why.

Yep, human-like ninja turtles make more sense.

Nothing really makes sense in the movies, it's all the imagination of the creator and thus it becomes a matter of personal preference.

• Like 3

The initial comment was about the ugliness of the turtles, which is true : the design is terrible.

And I don't see why would Rocket and Groot be considered as "stupid" and "dumb ass".

You are still missing the point.

• Like 1

Well Jonathan Liebesman films do well financially, it's the quality that's my issue.  But he finally did a decent blockbuster with "Turtles".

Sadly for him, Michael Bay is getting all the glory, you would of thought he directed it.

• Like 1

GOTG is already an enormous success, regardless of what it makes this weekend.  I'm just happy to see that many of the people who predicted impossible numbers like a sub 50% drop are now getting ready to eat some delicious crow.

I have to say. Things were getting out of hand. People were starting to get pretty cocky around here :lol:

They just assumed Turtles would be behind it this weekend.

• Like 3