iceroll

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time Ceremony! TOP 10 COUNTDOWN TIME! (p.36)

The Kung Fu Panda movies are the best Dreamworks movies.

Shrek 2 is also up there.

I'd rank them

1.How to Train Your Dragon

2.Kung Fu Panda

3.Kung Fu Panda 2

4.How to Train Your Dragon 2

5.Shrek

6.Shrek 2

7.Everything Else

• Like 3

#49: Fantastic Mr. Fox (2011) - 284 Points

Country of origin: USA
Animation style: Stop Motion
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
An urbane fox cannot resist returning to his farm raiding ways and then must help his community survive the farmers' retaliation.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Fantastic Mr. Fox will definitely generate some controversy because it's quite a divisive film. It has the 4th highest score average on the list so far, which means that not too many people had it on their list, but those who did ranked it highly

IMDB trivia:
Wes Anderson chose to have the actors record their dialogue outside of a studio and on location to increase the naturalness: "We went out in a forest, went in an attic, went in a stable... we went underground for some things. There was a great spontaneity in the recordings because of that."

BOF Blurb:
Spaghetti:

Fantastic Mr. Fox - Wes Anderson has become one of my favorite directors through seamlessly combining whimsy, intricate design, glorious deadpan, and precise direction with surprisingly deeper themes. This is no exception. While the capers and chaos that Mr. Fox and his woodland allies go through is plenty entertaining on its own, it especially works on account of its emotional core, a tale of struggling to find happiness, the struggle for acceptance, and the cost once you actually get it. It's surprisingly complex in this sense, yet it's truly a brilliant work of animation. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

***NEW IN TOP 50*** Film Video Clip:

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 14

Didn't know that was a thing since Aztec people haven't been around for hundreds of years...

It plays on the,

"Native Americans were unenlightened savages and needed the white men to come over and teach them how to civilization properly."

Obviously the Aztecs weren't brute idiots, they built some of the biggest technical wonders out there.  I wasn't huge on the film in the first place, but the fact the natives are really portrayed poorly irks me.

• Like 1

#48: Rango (2011) - 284 Points

Country of origin: USA (Nickelodeon Movies)
Animation style: 3D Computer Generated
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
Rango is an ordinary chameleon who accidentally winds up in the town of Dirt, a lawless outpost in the Wild West in desperate need of a new sheriff.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Rango is the highest ranking Nickelodeon Movies produced film on this list. Tintin came in at #83, and The SpongeBob SquarePants movie ranked #119, for closest runner-ups.

IMDB trivia:
Instead of recording voice-overs in booths, with every actor isolated from everyone else, most of the voice-over work was recorded on a set, with the actors voicing their characters while performing with their fellow cast members. This enabled the performers to follow the rhythms of their co-stars while also giving them room for improvisation.

BOF User Review:
One of the best of the year.

Johnny Depp gives a brilliant voice performance and the computer animation is possibly the most beautiful I've ever seen. Rango pays homage to classic westerns so perfectly, I wouldn't be surprised if most kids didn't really get it but I was certainly able to appreciate the references. Sharp humor, strong concept, one of my faves.
-TheTramp, 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

Film Video Clip:

• Like 14

Apparently I've been a fan of Don Bluth without knowing it. I'm going to look for some other films of his. Love the list so far, of course a few movies I disagree with, but that happens. I'm not happy that nobody has seen Balto or Brave Little Toaster though :angry:

• Like 1