iceroll

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time Ceremony! TOP 10 COUNTDOWN TIME! (p.36)

Confession - I haven't seen Frozen but a question.  In all the clips I've seen of the movie and there have been countless so that I fell like I've seen it - why does Elsa move like a 95 yr old with really bad arthritis?  She has the stiffest and jerkiest movements when walking, moving or even using her hands that I've ever seen in a Disney movie.  Is this supposed to indicate she's frozen stiff?

• Like 1

Tell me about it. I don't get how sooo many people consider Spirited Away to be the better Miyazaki/Ghibli. PM is on a whole other level!

Howl's Moving Castle is my favorite of his I've seen.  Another confession, I haven't seen Spirited Away yet but while I admired Monoke it left me a bit cold.  I preferred the handling of environmental themes and characters in in Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

• Like 2

Confession - I haven't seen Frozen but a question.  In all the clips I've seen of the movie and there have been countless so that I fell like I've seen it - why does Elsa move like a 95 yr old with really bad arthritis?  She has the stiffest and jerkiest movements when walking, moving or even using her hands that I've ever seen in a Disney movie.  Is this supposed to indicate she's frozen stiff?

She's in a gown and walking on snow, up a mountain. The animators actually filmed a woman wearing a gown and walking on snow as reference to make Elsa's movements during the first half of "Let It Go" realistic. Also, what the heck are you doing not watching Frozen yet?  :huh:

Edited by Spidey Freak

She's in a gown and walking on snow, up a mountain. The animators actually filmed a woman wearing a gown and walking on snow as reference to make Elsa's movements during the first half of "Let It Go" realistic. Also, what the heck are you doing not watching Frozen yet?  :huh:

It's not just this clip, it's every clip - even that famous one where she's supposed to be walking sexy but looks like she has a bad hip - - and even her arm and hand movements in the song look weird and I assume she's not frozen since she sings the cold doesn't bother her.

All the hype made me Frozen resistant.  I'll get around to it --- eventually.

• Like 1

It's not just this clip, it's every clip - even that famous one where she's supposed to be walking sexy but looks like she has a bad hip - - and even her arm and hand movements in the song look weird and I assume she's not frozen since she sings the cold doesn't bother her.

All the hype made me Frozen resistant.  I'll get around to it --- eventually.

There's a very good reason for her uncomfortable body language. Also, that sexy walk is her strutting in the sun for the first time in forever and emphasizing her newly found freedom. Whatever, it's hot! 

And hopefully "eventually" doesn't mean "illegally". :P

• Like 1

There's a very good reason for her uncomfortable body language. Also, that sexy walk is her strutting in the sun for the first time in forever and emphasizing her newly found freedom. Whatever, it's hot! 

And hopefully "eventually" doesn't mean "illegally".  :P

That is not a hot walk - Jessica Rabbit - that's a hot walk

No, it means Netflix.

• Like 2

Shrek is one of my favourite movies ever. Seen it so many times and love it

Up is an amazing film, especially those first 10 minutes

I adore Tangled and Monsters Inc

Frozen is in my top 3 ever, I love it so so much [you can see more why I like it in my blurb on that post]. Also Let It Go :wub:

I do like Spirited Away but I am glad it is not top 10

Glad HTTYD missed the top 10, still don't like it

Toy Story 3 [best film ever] I am backing for the win 100% followed by WALL.E [3rd best film of all time], Toy Story 1-2 and Finding Nemo for top 5 hopefully