eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

Eh, I would argue CM Punk or Daniel Bryan are bigger stars.Bautista is a bigger star than people give him credit for though. :)

It's BATISTA. Ha ha. He is popular here since he is half-Filipino. Probably why GOTG is doing big numbers here.

Edit: Sorry, Bautista is his real last name. Batista is his ring name.

Edited by kayumanggi

Sat lookingGOTG 7.5,TMNT 7.2,IIS 5.7,LBC 4.4,WTGST 4.4,TG 2.8,EX3 2.7,THFJ 2.4,SC2 2.2,ITS 1.6,Lucy 1.5

So it's official GOTG has surpassed TF4 for biggest movie of the summer. 

4.83M Friday

7.5M Saturday

5.48M Sunday

17.81M 4th weekend (-29%)

300M is happening folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

• Like 16

So it's official GOTG has surpassed TF4 for biggest movie of the summer. 

4.83M Friday

7.5M Saturday

5.48M Sunday

17.81M 4th weekend (-29%)

300M is happening folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Every movie that you root for end up doing well.So when will you be starting the Big Hero 6 Over LEGO club? ;)

Edited by Mojoguy

Every movie that you root for end up doing well.So when will you be starting the Big Hero 6 Over LEGO club? ;)

lol, not all movies I root for are successful aka PR. ;) However, my club success rate is 100%.  :shades:

• Like 2

UPDATED, Saturday, 11:20 PM: Guardians of the Galaxy continues to hold the No. 1 spot in this weekend’s box office for Disney/Marvel as estimates have the newly created franchise pulling in around $7.5M or so today. That puts it at around $17.3M to $18M for the weekend. Paramount’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and newcomer If I Stay (WB/MGM) are going to be close as I’ve calculated $16.7M to $17M for the reptiles and $16.6M for the romancer based on the numbers I’m seeing now.http://deadline.com/2014/08/box-office-friday-if-i-stay-to-take-no-1-sin-city-2-tanking-in-dog-days-of-summer-823607/The holdover comedy Let’s Be Cops is next with roughly a $4.45M day so it’s on track to walk in $10.68M to $11M for Fox. Rounding out the Top Five is Sony’s When the Game Stands Tall which grossed about $3.45M today after a little bump on Saturday from families audiences (which helped the tentpole holdovers, too). We expect, the sports biopic to land around $9M which is right in line with this morning’s estimates.And where is Sin City 2, you ask? I can’t find it any … oh, wait, there it is … No. 8 with an estimated $2.2M gross today to to put it on track for a colorless $6.5M. Until the morning, that’s the black and white of it. Oh, and the box office weekend looks to be up about 6% from last year.

• Like 5