eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

Baumer, you should really make a list of every movie you seem the only one to hate/dislike but almost everybody else seems to love.

You throw knives at popular/beloved movies here and there but we really want to know how your movie DNA taste is made of.

Attempting to figure out baumer's taste in films is sort of like attempting to solve...

Posted Image

;)

• Like 3

You really can't bring Frozen into this argument because it was one of those incredibly rare movies that caught the attention and imagination of almost everyone.Of the 6 computer animated movies to make more than $300m, 4 of them are sequels to very well regarded movies. Only two of those 6 are original movies! It isn't just Pixar that has trouble hitting that mark, it's just really hard to do with animation period.They have INCREDIBLE consistency in terms of box office. Any studio would KILL to have 80% of their movies open between $60-70m and make between $220-260.

I can use whatever examples I choose. Im basically stating Pixar cant reach the heights they used to and Spaghetti argued animations don't earn that much anymore. When I give 2 examples of animations released hitting massive milestone in just one year, all of a sudden they are irrelevant because they fuck your argument up lol.  

It doesn't take a genius to see that Pixars new pretentious outings are clearly their lowest ticket sellers, you know the ones you all think are their best?? All I ever argued is that the GA clearly prefer their older, more light hearted films that focused more of comedy than giving us the meaning of life and when I say Pixar aren't what they used to, im told its an unpopular opinion but clearly its not.

Edited by jessie

I try to respect everyone on here's opinions (not to say I don't engage in these debates as well) but when you go out of your way to mention how "unique" your taste is and how pretentious it is to like movie A or brand B... that in itself is kind of pretentious and the word we typically use to classify this mindset is "hipster". 

Any Pixar fan that classes Wall E or Ratatouille over Nemo are your typical pretentious hipsters.

Any Pixar fan that classes Wall E or Ratatouille over Nemo are your typical pretentious hipsters.

Wall E is easily the most boring movie experience I've ever had for a mainstream movie..

I remember I just turned it off 30 mins before it finishes..I couldn't care less about "the outcome of the plot" if there is any

I find Pixar movies way too manipulative and frankly inferior to a lot of other animated films.  I don't like a lot of their themes.

I just want them to be fun like they used to. I had high expectations for Up, I remember seeing the trailer and though it would be like their earlier efforts, it looked funny. I watched it and to this day I can't remember a single thing about it. Croods, Wreck it Wralph, Megamind and Despicable me have been far more entertaining than anything from Pixar since The Incredibles.

I just want them to be fun like they used to. I had high expectations for Up, I remember seeing the trailer and though it would be like their earlier efforts, it looked funny. I watched it and to this day I can't remember a single thing about it. Croods, Wreck it Wralph, Megamind and Despicable me have been far more entertaining than anything from Pixar since The Incredibles.

Good luck. I dunno if that movie will ever be topped. One of my favorite films ever. 

• Like 1

Wall E is easily the most boring movie experience I've ever had for a mainstream movie..

I remember I just turned it off 30 mins before it finishes..I couldn't care less about "the outcome of the plot" if there is any

They go back to earth. Oh and turns out humans are too lazy to do anything on their own so you are just left with a load of fat people on a space station too lazy to do anything physical. Its idiotic as hell, but to some its absolutely GENIUS. Like Humans would ever get like that, Americans maybe :P

Edited by jessie
  • Like 2

Or they genuinely feel that those movies are better and/or like it more.

Just because someone's views don't coincide with yours, it doesn't mean they have some sort of an agenda.

Nah, they are definitely hipsters. Ive never met a single person in the real world who though Wall E was great. People like it because they think it makes them smart. Simples. They are too grown up for the Finding Nemo or Shrek humour ;)

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

They go back to earth. Oh and turns out humans are too lazy to do anything on their own so you are just left with a load of fat people on a space station too lazy to do anything physical. Its idiotic as hell, but to some its absolutely GENIUS. Like Humans would ever get like that, Americans maybe :P

:lol: that's the American Dream right there..

can't wait for Cars 3 just so Pixar fans get pissed out of their brains  :)

The Croods - 187,168,425

Wreck it Ralph - 189,422,889

Megamind - 148,415,853

Cars - 244,082,982

Ratatouille - 206,445,654

Wall-E - 223,808,164

Up - 293,004,164

Toy Story 3 - 415,004,880

Cars 2 - 191,452,396

Brave - 237,283,207

Monsters University - 268,492,764

Those are some unpopular opinions you have there. :P

I guess you're just trying to be different.

Edited by Mitsuru Kirijo

Nah, they are definitely hipsters. Ive never met a single person in the real world who though Wall E was great. People like it because they think it makes them smart. Simples. They are too grown up for the Finding Nemo or Shrek humour ;)

That is incredibly dismissive of you.

I find both movies better than Finding Nemo, and enjoyed them more, but I also loved Finding Nemo, and enjoyed Shrek 2.

I don't think liking either movie makes me smart, and I'm not too "grown up" for the humor in Finding Nemo or Shrek, or even something like Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

People like and believe different things, there doesn't have to be an agenda.

The Croods - 187,168,425

Wreck it Ralph - 189,422,889

Megamind - 148,415,853

Cars - 244,082,982

Ratatouille - 206,445,654

Wall-E - 223,808,164

Up - 293,004,164

Toy Story 3 - 415,004,880

Cars 2 - 191,452,396

Brave - 237,283,207

Monsters University - 268,492,764

Those are some unpopular opinions you have there. :P

If Pixar delivered those exact movies but under their own belt, I bet they would have earned a killing ;) That little Pixar lamp is one of the most iconic robots in film.

You can argue Megamind is unpopular, I think its funny as hell and the animation is great.

Edited by jessie

That is incredibly dismissive of you.

I find both movies better than Finding Nemo, and enjoyed them more, but I also loved Finding Nemo, and enjoyed Shrek 2.

I don't think liking either movie makes me smart, and I'm not too "grown up" for the humor in Finding Nemo or Shrek, or even something like Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

People like and believe different things, there doesn't have to be an agenda.

That's because you're a hipster ;)

It's really quite simple. Shrek and Nemo or genuinely funny throughout. Wall E isn't. The only way you could have enjoyed Wall E more is if you don't have a sense of humour so either you are humourless or you are just choosing Wall E to be 'different' to most people ;).

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

If Pixar delivered those exact movies but under their own belt, I bet they would have earned a killing ;)

Nah, you're definitely just trying to be different. I've never met a single person in the real world who thought any of those movies were better than the Pixar movies mentioned. You like it because you think it makes you different. Simple. You're too much of an "individual" to like those more popular Pixar movies over those less popular animated movies listed.

That's because you're a hipster ;)

It's really quite simple. Shrek and Nemo or genuinely funny throughout. Wall E isn't. The only way you could have enjoyed Wall E more is if you don't have a sense of humour, and most hipsters don't have a sense of humour so there you go, you hipster ;)

So by your definition, hipsters also like MCU movies, love animated Disney movies, Spider-Man movies, Indiana Jones movies, Lord of the Rings, and lots of other immensely popular movies.

Talk about taking liberties.