Divergent 9/08
Lucy 9/12
Into the Storm 9/12
Hercules 9/19

GotG got 10 October

TMNTs release date got also asked

October.

I hope they'll report a more exact date soon

Story telling and music was invented to entertain us so that's a huge compliment to a movie.

Somewhere along the way in recent decades the idea that art which "just entertains" is inferior to art that is "deep" or "angry" or "affects social change" reached "truth" level.   But our ancestors sitting around a fire telling stories to distract them from a harsh life where they were lucky to reach age 20 wouldn't agree I'm betting.

I agree.  I'm not a big artsy movie fan, but there's a perception nowadays that entertainment =/= quality.  In the minds of some, you can have one or the other but not both.  There's nothing wrong with something that's solidly put together as long as it functions as entertainment.  I don't like Transformers but obviously a lot of people do and that's fine.  I only seriously protest when it's hate propaganda masquerading as entertainment, though I haven't seen anything like that in a while.

• Like 2

X-Men DOFP, HTTYD2, Chef, and Begin Again.

Not surprised that HTTYD2 is expanding.  This summer has been incredibly light on kid-centric fare.  I really wish someone had moved to fill in that empty May slot left from the shuffling "The Good Dinosaur" off to next year.  GotG and TMNT are both fine for kids but they also came pretty late in the season.  Counting down the days until the release of The Boxtrolls, though I'm expecting it to come out more like Coraline in BO take.

Are there any early Wednesday numbers yet? I wonder how well (or not) The November Man opened on it's first day?

I think early numbers for the weekdays are done for a while.  RTH has gone back to Asgard, it seems.  

• Like 2

I think GOTG could make 320 M. Crazy. TMNT, possibly 200 M. crazy as well.

GOTG will have a really good weekend this weekend, but after that it may be winding down. Summer weekdays will be gone.

I wouldn't be surprised if it tops out around 305. Though the way it's been holding, I certainly wouldn't want to write it off too soon. It could still catch Iron Man 2's total of 312.

• Like 1

I'm really part of the problem for Expendables 3. Despite knowing that I will like the film, I still haven't gone to see it. I will see it when it comes to cable.

Count me in that segment. I really like Stallone, but the whole download drama, especially with Stallonezone all but promoting it, really took the whole taste of the film out of my mouth. It's just a sad day when some of his diehard fans feel the need to rip him off, when he needs their support the most. Seeing the film at this point would only make me harbor more ill will towards those people if I ended up liking it. Of course Baumer is a fan like me and he didn't seem to like it much, so maybe it truly is as mediocre as many are saying. I wasn't a big fan of the last one.

GOTG will have a really good weekend this weekend, but after that it may be winding down. Summer weekdays will be gone.

I wouldn't be surprised if it tops out around 305. Though the way it's been holding, I certainly wouldn't want to write it off too soon. It could still catch Iron Man 2's total of 312.

But I think these two will still be the top two choices in the coming days. We'll see.

But I think these two will still be the top two choices in the coming days. We'll see.

Yep they are doing exceptionally well. Are there any other recent August releases doing $300m?

• Like 1