Impact

Weekend Prediction thread 5/10-5/12 Play the Derby

33 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Rogue 1 .....  $85m

Collateral .....   $40m

I see R1 tracking DOM like Godzilla in 2014. Opens around 90, finishes up just north of 200. 

So you've given your OD and OW predictions for Rogue One.

• Like 4

1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - 161.2M
  2. Collateral Beauty - 13.4M
  3. Moana - 11.3M
  4. Office Christmas Party - 8.1M
  5. Manchester by the Sea - 7.7M
  6. La La Land - 6.0M
  7. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - 4.9M
  8. Arrival - 3.5M
  9. Doctor Strange - 2.6M
  10. Allied - 1.8M
  11. Trolls - 1.6M
  12. Nocturnal Animals - 1.4M

Hacksaw Ridge - 1.2M

Jackie - 1.1M

8 hours ago, Eevin said:

Where do you see it? Please enlighten us.

Like it or not, this isn't a fanboy thread, it's a weekend prediction thread, so feel free to fondle your Boba doll someplace else. 

Hey, I'm an SW fan from way back - saw the OG in June 1977 and all the others, even the generally lousy 1999-2005 films, in their original theatrical runs- and I loved last year's reboot. I have LiMax 3D tix to see R1 Friday morning and expect it to be good.

But box office is another matter. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Rogue 1 .....  $85m

Collateral .....   $40m

I see R1 tracking DOM like Godzilla in 2014. Opens around 90, finishes up just north of 200. 

And you're the guy that said TFA was gonna make  $450m DOM. U lowball everything MASSIVELY. Oh and didnt u think ID2 was gonna do $500m+ DOM hahaha

Edited by shruth

8 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Like it or not, this isn't a fanboy thread, it's a weekend prediction thread, so feel free to fondle your Boba doll someplace else. 

Hey, I'm an SW fan from way back - saw the OG in June 1977 and all the others, even the generally lousy 1999-2005 films, in their original theatrical runs- and I loved last year's reboot. I have LiMax 3D tix to see R1 Friday morning and expect it to be good.

Who cares if you liked or hated SW? Your predictions are way off box office wise:

1. Already around 30M in presales. Walk-ups through the weekend only 50M? LOL

2. Thursday sellout counts in the most important areas are already bigger than almost everything except TFA.

3. Trailer views.

4. Huge social media awareness.

5. Gross of every SW movie destroying Godzilla.

6. Really solid critic reactions.

7. Expanded legs thanks to Christmas.

8. Every single tracking source pointing at a +130M OW.

If you try to focus on BO you have first to look at the real data.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

... the many around here who've accused me of hating all things Disney. :slaphead:

But...The OT and PT aren't by Disney, and you very inaccurately called TFA a Reboot. It's not hard for people to think you have a thing against the mouse.

23 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Rogue 1 .....  $85m

Collateral .....   $40m

23 hours ago, RandomJC said:

Really shouldn't compare a May release to a Dec release.

Dude obviously a troll. Edwards is a director of Godzilla

53 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

But...The OT and PT aren't by Disney ...

But ... TFA is Disney, as is Rogue 1, which are obviously what are relevant to those criticisms. Good lord. :(

There's no need to bash anyone's predictions. We're all going to find out in a few days anyway. 

Edited by SteveJaros

15 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Did I ever "fanboy" to you? No, I asked you to justify your admittedly unconventional prediction. And you being rude and defensive isn't exactly helping your case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveJaros said:

... the many around here who've accused me of hating all things Disney. :slaphead:

Instead of focusing on the 7 facts/arguments against your silly prediction, you decide to focus on the hate/love argument. You are obviously not interested in BO.

Reminder for the future: Do not take seriously SteveJaros prediction's.

1 hour ago, Eevin said:

Did I ever "fanboy" to you? No, I asked you to justify your admittedly unconventional prediction. And you being rude and defensive isn't exactly helping your case.

You did fanboy me - that was the obvious motivation for your rude and snarky comment on my prediction. Lying about either isn't helping your case. As for me, I don't have a case, no need for one. I just made a prediction that irked a fanboy. :mellow:

52 minutes ago, stripe said:

Instead of focusing on the 7 facts/arguments against your silly prediction, you decide to focus on the hate/love argument. You are obviously not interested in BO.

If the love/hate comment wasn't important, why did you make it? Heck, you even led with it so it was clearly more important to you than your 'substantive' arguments against my prediction. It was dumb, so I responded to it.

Next time, if you really want a rational discussion of a prediction, don't lead with snarkiness which belies your true intent, which was just to be a jerk. Stick to your arguments about the prediction, and then you'll be regarded as someone who takes box office 'seriously'. 

Edited by SteveJaros

16 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

If the love/hate comment wasn't important, why did you make it? Heck, you even led with it so it was clearly more important to you than your 'substantive' arguments against my prediction. It was dumb, so I responded to it.

Next time, if you really want a rational discussion of a prediction, don't lead with snarkiness which belies your true intent, which was just to be a jerk. Stick to your arguments about the prediction, and then you'll be regarded as someone who takes box office 'seriously'. 

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:07 AM, RandomJC said:

Really shouldn't compare a May release to a Dec release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveJaros said:

1. Not necessary to insult.

2. I began underlining I don't care about your opinions, not attacking you for having them. Read properly.

3. I gave you the opportunity to see BO facts as an evidence. You refused to give any single BO data to support your prediction. Still waiting for an argument explaining why are you expecting it to open to 80-90M.

Edited by stripe