grim22

Weekend Estimates: Annabelle - 37.2M | Gone Girl - 38M | Equalizer - 19M | Maze Runner - 12M | Left Behind - 6.8M

I'm curious about Gone Girl's Cinemascore. It's a long, cold movie with 

no one to really root for, as both Nick and Amy are unlikable.

Then again a poor Cinemascore didn't stop Lucy from becoming a global beast. 

the way the critics will , annabelle will get a f

• Like 2

Prisoners got an A- from Cinemascore audiences last year and that was also a very long, pretty dark movie.

Prisoners got an A- from Cinemascore audiences last year and that was also a very long, pretty dark movie.

Prisoners caused a major controversy with its Cinemascore. It had received a B+ Cinemascore, then the studio asked Cinemascore to relook at the ballots, and they came back with an A-

Cinemascore has ceased being any measure of a movies legs nowadays. I think we will find very little correlation between the two in the past year or so.

When the gritty drama Prisoners received a B+ CinemaScore on its opening night in September, the grade didn't make sense to Warner Bros. So the studio went back to the research firm, which for three decades has surveyed Friday moviegoers, and asked for a recount. By Sunday morning (and in time for media calls), Warner Bros. was reporting an A- CinemaScore.

The unprecedented redo irked rival studios and came at a critical juncture for CinemaScore, whose influential letter grades of moviegoer sentiment have been criticized for relying on outdated polling techniques and too limited a sample. Insiders say CinemaScore even apologized when box-office smashGravity received an A-, saying it should have polled only 3D showings instead of a 2D-3D mix (Gravity is playing like an A+ movie).

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Meanwhile Gone Girl doing big business is not even the most insane thing happening right now in the box office world as Dracula Untold will open bigger than 300 2, Godzilla, Captain America 2 and other big movies here. This thing is exploding OS. 

• Like 3

I dunno..

I thought the movie was pretty clearly on Ben's side.  Yes, he was an asshole, but the shit she did was waaaaaaay worse.    

• Like 2

Meanwhile Gone Girl doing big business is not even the most insane thing happening right now in the box office world as Dracula Untold will open bigger than 300 2, Godzilla, Captain America 2 and other big movies here. This thing is exploding OS.

This man knows what he's talking about.

• Like 1

I could see that coming from a mile away. it looks like a big action epic film not a horror. 

• Like 1

I could see that coming from a mile away. it looks like a big action epic film not a horror. 

It was sold as an event action blockbuster movie. And it worked. I heard it doesn't have any horror either. So they are not lying in marketing. 

Edited by CJohn

It's an awful looking movie that looks destined to flop domestically. No way in hell is it opening even remotely close to those movies.

• Like 1

It's an awful looking movie that looks destined to flop domestically. No way in hell is it opening even remotely close to those movies.

I never said it would do it DOM :lol: 

But OS is looking at a big result. Enough for Universal most likely continue with this new idea of using it as the start of the shared Monsters Universe. 

• Like 3