Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It really can't be stated enough just how delightful Emma Stone is in this. Her performance alone is probably gonna power word-of-mouth and make it a must-see for people by itself.

sounds like a lock for Best Actress Oscar to me. ;) Portman's 2nd win would only be more justified if/when the movie Jackie itself were a more of an award-bait than LLL.

Just now, yjs said:

sounds like a lock for Best Actress Oscar to me. ;) Portman's 2nd win would only be more justified if/when the movie Jackie itself were a more of an award-bait than LLL.

I think it's gonna be between Stone and Adams tbh, especially if Jackie continues to lose steam like it has.

6 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

But you have one film that has met your criteria and it starred Leo.

And I'm asking when is the last time a crowd pleasing Oscar winning musical has done 150 million?  Chicago?  How about the last musical to do 150 million?  I guess Les Miz is close.  Ok, I'll even lower it for you guys.  125 million.

One film is what you asked for. ("what was the last time?") before The Revenant there was Straight Outta Compton. Before that there was American Sniper. Before that there were Gone Girl, American Hustle, Django Unchained, Lincoln, The Help, True Grit. Slumdog Millionaire made 141m eight years ago and that was an English-language Bollywood movie for chrissake. No, I'm not saying LLL will definitely make 150m, I only question you being "100% sure" that it won't.

As for musicals you answered your own question. Les Mis stopped just 1m shy of 150. Into the Woods did 128, and that was never in contention for Best Picture. Chicago flew over 150m fourteen years ago. 

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It really can't be stated enough just how delightful Emma Stone is in this. Her performance alone is probably gonna power word-of-mouth and make it a must-see for people by itself.

Her cracking up during "City of Stars" is such a wonderful touch all by itself. At this point I'm not even sure the Oscar is gonna be "between" anyone, it's hers to lose.

10 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Her cracking up during "City of Stars" is such a wonderful touch all by itself. At this point I'm not even sure the Oscar is gonna be "between" anyone, it's hers to lose.

The "Audition" number is her Anne Hathaway moment. She's winning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

American Sniper made $350M. American Hustle made $150M. As well as The Revenant from earlier this year like someone already said. Thanks for playing.

Don't forget Lincoln ($182 million DOM), The Help ($169 million DOM) and The Blind Side ($255 million DOM)

Gravity ($273 million DOM) and Gone Girl ($167 million DOM) also qualify. 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 2

Does anyone know at what time new albums come out on streaming services? The soundtrack for this is supposed to come out tomorrow (December 9) and I wonder if it might already be released tonight at midnight?

I just need to listen to these songs again ASAP. So good.

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I wouldn't rule out $150M for this tbh. Audiences will be going bananas for it. I look forward to seeing it again with a regular audience compared to an early screening one.

Where does it rank in quality compared to mega hit musicals like Chicago, Les Miserebles, and Mama Mia?

2 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

All right. Ill bow outbof this fight. I dont think its making 100 million. Ill just leave it at that.

Just wait until you see the movie. ;)

Like, you'd have to be the biggest Scrooge on the planet not to find enjoyment in this movie.

54 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Does anyone know at what time new albums come out on streaming services? The soundtrack for this is supposed to come out tomorrow (December 9) and I wonder if it might already be released tonight at midnight?

I just need to listen to these songs again ASAP. So good.

First of all, not all albums come on streaming services. Are you sure that it will be available? If it is, I suppose it will be there by midnight...