CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

Since I personally have not enjoyed the Snyder-verse, I'm excited for a reboot.  Nothing against Cavill, he's bland but fine, but I'd really love to just see something go in a totally different direction. Supes is one of my favorite characters, so I'd really like getting back to a version of him that I enjoy. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Usually whenever there's a reboot that comes along it's always people who are on the rise or relatively new in the industry in the mix. MBJ would be among them if this was still 2013-2014. Now it's time for another fresh face to have his breakthrough.

Robert Pattinson wasn’t really either of those things when he was cast as Batman, though. 

Edited by WittyUsername

25 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

They’re still making films set in the continuity that Snyder started, including Wonder Woman 3 and Aquaman 2, so for whatever reason, the “DCEU” still seems to be a thing. 

A DC cinematic universe that their most prominent contemporary movie versions of Batman and Superman aren’t even a part of is living on borrowed time imo. Maybe they’ll try to reboot the whole cinematic universe with flashpoint or something, but DC seems to be phasing back towards the largely independent model of CBMs that they’ve had more success with. 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Out of curiosity, which one do people here think is more likely: that they’ll make Clark Kent black or that they’ll use someone like Calvin Ellis or Val-Zod instead? 

From most to least likely imo:

Val-zod 

Clark Kent

Calvin Ellis

but really wouldn't be surprised by any

2 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

A DC cinematic universe that their most prominent contemporary movie versions of Batman and Superman aren’t even a part of is living on borrowed time imo. Maybe they’ll try to reboot the whole cinematic universe with flashpoint or something, but DC seems to be phasing back towards the largely independent model of CBMs that they’ve had more success with. 

Both Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton’s Batmen are set to be in the Flash movie, and Walter Hamada stated that they’re doing the multiverse approach moving forward, where different versions of a character can coexist on the big screen. Their idea seems to be to just throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ta-nehisi-coates-to-write-new-superman-movie-for-warner-bros?x=test1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Well I'll be damned. If they somehow got MBJ as Supes...this would be huge.

Cavill + MBJ + Routh team-up movie :sparta:

Edited by excel1

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

you went through the stages of grief pretty quickly. Now you're at the acceptance stage lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Maggie said:

Man of Steel was badly received  that's why they tried to save it with BvS

MoS was polarizing, but WB still trusted Zack Snyder enough to give him the keys to the kingdom. The negative response and underperformance of BvS was when things officially went off the rails.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

MoS was polarizing, but WB still trusted Zack Snyder enough to give him the keys to the kingdom. The negative response and underperformance of BvS was when things officially went off the rails.

Yet, WB continued to trust Snyder to give him Justice League.  *shakes head*