CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

I don’t care for pretty much anything to do with GoT, so I haven’t seen HotD, but out of genuine curiosity, were people clamoring for Milly Alcock because they think she’s a genuinely great actress, or just because she’s a young blonde woman who was already in another “geek” thing? 

22 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t care for pretty much anything to do with GoT, so I haven’t seen HotD, but out of genuine curiosity, were people clamoring for Milly Alcock because they think she’s a genuinely great actress, or just because she’s a young blonde woman who was already in another “geek” thing? 

Both.

kinda of funny how with this new DC movie universe gunn is like "the comics are the key to everything and we even brought in comic writers to help" but his Guardians movies have basically nothing in common with the comic versions of the character except names and power. 

28 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

kinda of funny how with this new DC movie universe gunn is like "the comics are the key to everything and we even brought in comic writers to help" but his Guardians movies have basically nothing in common with the comic versions of the character except names and power. 

Well the comic inaccuracy of his Guardians movies is obviously something he's looking to change for the DCU then. 

12 hours ago, cooldude97 said:

I imagine he realizes it’s far easier to get away with not being comic accurate when it comes to obscure characters like the Guardians of the Galaxy or Peacemaker than it is for Superman and Batman. 

• Like 2

On 2/4/2024 at 10:20 PM, cooldude97 said:

GOTG movies were so popular, the comics ended up be made to being more like the movies. His version of the characters are the most popular so he did something right.

• Like 1

I think "ensemble casting" is becoming a bit of a draw in this age of few movie stars and yeah, they have hit home runs on every pick here. It is definitely adding the all-important internet goodwill to the project. That Corenswet looks like he was made in a lab to play Superman definitely helps.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 7:31 AM, WittyUsername said:

HotD is much better written than GoT so you may want to check it out. I enjoyed Alcock but didn't find her to be anything earth-shattering though. Some fanboys also fetishized her a lot and used her as a shield to launch misogynistic attacks against other actresses on the show, especially the non-binary actor who replaced her (due to the character ageing). I didn't want that particular brand of toxicity to shift to the Gunnverse considering Gunn has also had a spotty track record with his depiction of women and their sexuality in the past.

Still optimistic. Will just need to stay away from all the online convos surrounding Milly's Supergirl.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

HotD is much better written than GoT so you may want to check it out. I enjoyed Alcock but didn't find her to be anything earth-shattering though. Some fanboys also fetishized her a lot and used her as a shield to launch misogynistic attacks against other actresses on the show, especially the non-binary actor who replaced her (due to the character ageing). I didn't want that particular brand of toxicity to shift to the Gunnverse considering Gunn has also had a spotty track record with his depiction of women and their sexuality in the past.

Still optimistic. Will just need to stay away from all the online convos surrounding Milly's Supergirl.

Personally, I just feel bad for Sasha Calle. She was cast as Supergirl a mere three years ago, and WB pretty much made her handle the promotional tour for The Flash by herself on the count of Ezra Miller’s controversies, and she has practically nothing to show for it now. 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Personally, I just feel bad for Sasha Calle. She was cast as Supergirl a mere three years ago, and WB pretty much made her handle the promotional tour for The Flash by herself on the count of Ezra Miller’s controversies, and she has practically nothing to show for it now. 

Look at it this way: she came out from that giant mess unscathed and is considered one of the more positive elements of the film.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I mean, the character was killed off in the movie, anyway. But yeah, it is unfortunate. 

Just now, JWR said:

I mean, the character was killed off in the movie, anyway. But yeah, it is unfortunate. 

Her character wasn’t supposed to get killed off permanently. She was going to be in the scene outside the courthouse along with Michael Keaton after the Flash changed the timeline again. The scene was reshot with the George Clooney cameo. 

• Like 1