CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

6 minutes ago, excel1 said:

sorry but who the fuck cares ? the guy isn't in the movie, move on with life, he was beyond irresponsible for openly speculating it was political when he had zero indication of this. Maybe his audition sucked? The amount of well off middle aged "adults" in Hollywood who are mental midgets is pathetic. 

He said Gunn called him literally an hour after he submitted his tape, I doubt he sucked.

Why do you care if people care about someone allegedly being cut from a project for speaking out against Israel? If that doesn’t interest you then move on.

Edited by Speedorito

19 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Also, as I already pointed out, it’s not difficult to imagine that “sources close to the movie” wouldn’t want people to know that the script was changed to avoid parallels to Gaza.

Perhaps, but that's only speculation. We can only judge based on what we were told happened, which in this case is that the role was cut before the events of October 7th. Anything else is hearsay. 

14 minutes ago, excel1 said:

sorry but who the fuck cares ? the guy isn't in the movie, move on with life, he was beyond irresponsible for openly speculating it was political when he had zero indication of this. Maybe his audition sucked? The amount of well off middle aged "adults" in Hollywood who are mental midgets is pathetic. 

I doubt his audition sucked considering he got a call from Gunn an hour after he submitted it saying he loved it. 

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

Maybe he should have made a person fall in love with Joker because that's the only other thing that seems to get you angry more than this. At least we could skip discussions in that case.

Jesus Christ, dude. Did I run over your dog or something? Seriously, get off my back. You are obsessed with me. 

Edited by WittyUsername

16 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

Really dumb WB keeps doing this.

Oh, they realized how good the show is?  😁  No, seriously folks, the show was already being shaved down in terms of budget and the unsure future of THE CW.  Plus... Warners learned from their SMALLVILLE experience!  😁  They're not afraid of "competition" per se...but in the off-chance that Gunn's film underwhelms, they don't want the same kind of situation, again -- SMALLVILLE lasted 10 years on-air and is *still* loved and talked about to this day, while SUPERMAN RETURNS lasted...maybe 2 or 3 in mass cultural consciousness.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, dallas said:

I doubt his audition sucked considering he got a call from Gunn an hour after he submitted it saying he loved it. 

probably the Hollywood equivalent of "she said I was a real nice guy"

On 2/16/2024 at 11:32 AM, Napoleon said:

This is like the fourth famous person in recent months to claim or imply that the new management of DC Films has lied to them or to the public.

Ah, the bitterness of Snyder fans.....

On 2/16/2024 at 12:09 PM, Speedorito said:

The latter. Trying to be buddy-buddy with fans online, but only when it’s convenient, kinda puts yourself in these sort of situations. Same with calling something “the greatest comic book movie of all time.” It’s especially bad when it gets extremely political and involves wars, and when a film is already on thin ice. That’s why most blockbuster directors and execs don’t say much until it’s time to do press for a film.

But tackling the Middle East in a blockbuster superhero film was always a poor idea. Captain America 4, which cast a superhero literally named Sabra, is getting bitten in the ass for that choice (which people complained about years ago) too and has to do rewrites and reshoots.

Changes always happen when making a film, but in this case it’s the scale of the change, what was changed, when it was changed, and why. Context matters.

ANything to do with the mideast is a no win situation. No matter what you do, you make lots of people mad at you.

IPeople here don't get, at least in the US how divided people are on Oct 7th and it's aftermath. Step outside the Left Wing bublle, and Israel has alot of supporters. Gunn did the right thing from a business point of view in cutting the Mideast angle.