CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

This movie is so cooked, at least financially.

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Superman is obviously a bigger deal than just about everyone there. WW84 was an obvious covid casualty. 

WW84 would've still underperformed, covid helped to save its face.

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

This movie is so cooked, at least financially.

WW84 would've still underperformed, covid helped to save its face.

WW84 if no covid would have has a big opening weekend, but then WOM would have killed it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I can see Superman going either wayl it all depends on how good the film is.

Don't talk crazy like that. The movie is dooooomed, Quality and marketing mean nothing. WB should just shelve it or delay it until 2035 or something until DC toxicity wears off. God some people around here make me want to pull my hair out.

DC definitely has a quality issue but I trust Gunn! He’s earned it with his 2 GOTG films and TSS! Hoping we learn more about his plan next year and get some A-list character castings! Enough with the b-c list heroes! Some of my favorite DC characters are B-list (Blue Beetle, Raven, Static) but the A-listers need to come first so that a solid foundation can be set up and propel those B-listers to success too

Everyone does realize that it is possible that WB just greatly fucked up by empowering "artist" Todd Phillips, right? That is all there is to it. 

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

Everyone does realize that it is possible that WB just greatly fucked up by empowering "artist" Todd Phillips, right? That is all there is to it. 

Everybody who is not being a troll or unwarranted alarmist.

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

What about 10 other flops? Empowered artist David F. Sandberg?

11 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Don't talk crazy like that. The movie is dooooomed, Quality and marketing mean nothing. WB should just shelve it or delay it until 2035 or something until DC toxicity wears off. God some people around here make me want to pull my hair out.

Gee, I wish I had your ablity to see into the future.

A lot of bad takes in here, but a couple of good ones too. If it's good it will be profitable, but probably nothing crazy. Hopefully the sequel then can knock it out of the park and that quality streak will then translate in great BO numbers. And I trust Gunn to be able to achieve just that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, El Gato said:

DC definitely has a quality issue but I trust Gunn! He’s earned it with his 2 GOTG films and TSS! Hoping we learn more about his plan next year and get some A-list character castings! Enough with the b-c list heroes! Some of my favorite DC characters are B-list (Blue Beetle, Raven, Static) but the A-listers need to come first so that a solid foundation can be set up and propel those B-listers to success too

ANd CD seems to have aolid hit with the Penguin series on Max.

Problem here is too many people are Bipolar when it comes to franchises: A franchsie is always on top of the world or doomed. No inbetween, no going on a film by film basis.

And I think the whole idea of a Brand being toxic can be overstated. After a number of big fails, Marvel had big hit with Deadpool. 3.