Interstellar  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Interstellar

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

He has every right to dislike it, but he doesn't need to insult people who disagree. In fairness, a lot of Interstellars fans have also been annoying by trying to argue that if you dislike it, you don't understand it. Both sides are overreacting.

So who did I insult exactly? Lol get over yourself, not worth my time. Didn't like the movie & passionate defending that stance.

So who did I insult exactly?

Noctis, Claire Nolan Holt. Maybe "insult" is too strong a word, but whatever. And your last two posts have included lines like "not worth my time" and "not worth having an intelligent conversation." I get that you're "passionate"; I'm not entirely sure why you're so hostile right out of the gate, though.

But forget this, I'm not really here to worry about proper decorum in movie reviewing. You didn't enjoy the movie, congrats.

• Like 3

Noctis, Claire Nolan Holt. Maybe "insult" is too strong a word, but whatever. And your last two posts have included lines like "not worth my time" and "not worth having an intelligent conversation." I get that you're "passionate"; I'm not entirely sure why you're so hostile right out of the gate, though.

But forget this, I'm not really here to worry about proper decorum in movie reviewing. You didn't enjoy the movie, congrats.

Read what Noctis writes and please tell me if you can't detect any passive aggressive nonsense in what he posts. Look at how he responded to people initially in this thread who didn't like it or found the science in the film to be confusing, convoluted, weak. That's what I'm responding to & others like him. Have a nice day.

• Like 3

Read what Noctis writes and please tell me if you can't detect any passive aggressive nonsense in what he posts. Look at how he responded to people initially in this thread who didn't like it or found the science in the film to be confusing, convoluted, weak. That's what I'm responding to & others like him. Have a nice day.

I agree with you on that. I don't see how you're helping deal with that.

And please, don't respond. I don't really care and moreover, I don't want this thread to go off the rails for no reason.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who isn't that crazy about the acting?

Chastain was good... Hathaway solid. but MM? Okay at best imho, while I have no idea what Nolan was thinking when he offered the role to Damon.

Really? McConaughey was easily the best. Fantastic performance. 

I bought it.

He is a DIFFERENT person when he wakes up. You have to imagine his character years prior convincing 11 others to go the mission. That I believe!

Once he wakes up he is no longer the amazing Dr. Man. He is as primal as can be, survival is the only thing that matter to him. 

• Like 6

I bought it.

He is a DIFFERENT person when he wakes up. You have to imagine his character years prior convincing 11 others to go the mission. That I believe!

Once he wakes up he is no longer the amazing Dr. Man. He is as primal as can be, survival is the only thing that matter to him. 

I didn't get any of that, not from his performance nor how he was written. I get that's what the Nolans wanted me to get, but that's a very different thing.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 4